Watch this film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470705/

ReputationRep:
    FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication

Not to be confused with Fornication.
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me when I've seen a spider, as they FREAK me out, but it's never lasted days before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formication

Very true.
    Interesting, but I've never taken drugs :/

ReputationRep:
    Ok, After my long, relaxing bath last night it went for about an hour, but through the night I could feel them on my foot and my hand and now they're jumping from my foot to my arm and my forehead and ears.

I'm actually going mad.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm you said you don't have this much in the lower half of the body but all I can think of is Restless Leg Syndrome, where you get the creepy crawly sensation and it makes you want to move your legs about. Can be worse after inactivity.

ReputationRep:
    OH just remebered something. Does it make you feel itchy?? I had something when I was working in a shop. I could not stop jerking my sholders about because it had that creepy crawly feeling. It was like an extreme itch that made me jump. The doc said it was probably hypersensitivity...maybe due to the washing powder I used. Can't remeber if he gave me cream or what now.

ReputationRep:
    It could just be the heat recently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    OH just remebered something. Does it make you feel itchy?? I had something when I was working in a shop. I could not stop jerking my sholders about because it had that creepy crawly feeling. It was like an extreme itch that made me jump. The doc said it was probably hypersensitivity...maybe due to the washing powder I used. Can't remeber if he gave me cream or what now.
    It's much like that Did you just and go and tell them that you can feel invisible bugs?! How did you word it?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like pins and needles. I had it a while ago where it didn't go away for a whole day. Give it a day and if it's not gone go see a doc. They've seen/smelt/heard a lot worse stories than the creepy crawlies.

I could be a poet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    It's much like that Did you just and go and tell them that you can feel invisible bugs?! How did you word it?
    I just said that my neck and back are incredibly itchy like bugs are crawling around. Also that it is making me jerk about involunterily.

There's nothing to be embarrased about The bugs crawling about thing will give them a clearer idea of what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    This usually happens to tweakers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    This usually happens to tweakers
    But I get it without the fun of drugs

ReputationRep:
    Try using a differnt liquid/powder to wash your clothes.

It was so embarrasing when I had it. I worked on a till and people were staring! Had to get the supervisor to let me run home and put some cream on haha

I could suggest this is brought on by an unearthly fear of an insect.

Sometimes i get like this in the summer. I'm scared out of my pants when it comes to wasps/bees - I get that kinda feeling if I see one. Even if it's not physically near me, I can still get that feeling from so much as seeing one on TV or in a photo!! They bring on panic attacks and instill fear in me and if i feel so much as a hair move on my arm sometimes in the summer i'll check, or flick what's not there or brush my arm in the hope nothing's there!!

Is this an option..fear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I could suggest this is brought on by an unearthly fear of an insect.

Sometimes i get like this in the summer. I'm scared out of my pants when it comes to wasps/bees - I get that kinda feeling if I see one. Even if it's not physically near me, I can still get that feeling from so much as seeing one on TV or in a photo!! They bring on panic attacks and instill fear in me and if i feel so much as a hair move on my arm sometimes in the summer i'll check, or flick what's not there or brush my arm in the hope nothing's there!!

Is this an option..fear?
    Well, I'm not really scared of bugs :/ Unless it's subconciously? I did have a massive assault against some flies yesterday, they seem to be invading haha.

ReputationRep:
    Medically speaking.... you are mad
    please direct yourself to the nearest asylum and await tranquillisation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    Medically speaking.... you are mad
    please direct yourself to the nearest asylum and await tranquillisation
    Do I get a nice jacket?

ReputationRep:
    Are you allergic to something? That could cause your skin to crawl/feel tingly =\

ReputationRep:
    I think I've finally lost it I feel completely mad, yet it's so real at the same time. I just don't know what's going on anymore. I feel like I need to go relax so I head out on a bike ride for a while, I'm heading on my way back and I'm almost near my house when I feel this massive sting on my neck and I'm thinking "Oh god, a bloody wasp" I can feel the wasp still stuck in my skin so I pedal for my life to get back home, I jump off the bike and run to find my brother to get the thing out of my neck.

Turns out there is nothing there, no sting, no mark, no poxy wasp.

....I'm so confused. :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.