Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can feel invisible bugs... Watch

(Original post by Fawn)
    I think I've finally lost it I feel completely mad, yet it's so real at the same time. I just don't know what's going on anymore. I feel like I need to go relax so I head out on a bike ride for a while, I'm heading on my way back and I'm almost near my house when I feel this massive sting on my neck and I'm thinking "Oh god, a bloody wasp" I can feel the wasp still stuck in my skin so I pedal for my life to get back home, I jump off the bike and run to find my brother to get the thing out of my neck.

Turns out there is nothing there, no sting, no mark, no poxy wasp.

....I'm so confused. :/
    I get this - sudden jolts of pain, thinking that something has bitten me, and it hasn't, despite the fact it really, really hurts! I've had it all my life, though, and just sort of got used to it :/ I get the creepy crawly sensation all the time as well, I just ignore it now. But like I said, I've had it nearly all my life, along with extremely sensitive skin (it hurts to even have someone brush against me sometimes), if this has suddenly just started happening to you, maybe you should see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I get this - sudden jolts of pain, thinking that something has bitten me, and it hasn't, despite the fact it really, really hurts! I've had it all my life, though, and just sort of got used to it :/ I get the creepy crawly sensation all the time as well, I just ignore it now. But like I said, I've had it nearly all my life, along with extremely sensitive skin (it hurts to even have someone brush against me sometimes), if this has suddenly just started happening to you, maybe you should see a doctor.
    It just breaks my mind to know that something which is apparently imaginary feels so real and I'm scared I'm completely losing it.

:/

ReputationRep:
    I get this too. I just freak out and start brushing myself like crazy until I feel normal again.

ReputationRep:
    paranoid schizophrenia?? lol
    but i had feelings like this yesterday... there were moths flying right in my face... and then where ever i went i kept thinking they were on my body, and could constantly see moth shadows... but there was nothing there... maybe you should put on your favourite film or something to try and forget about these bug sensations.

Could be a symptom of schizophrenia as its a quite a common one amongst sufferers. Go to the Dr.

ReputationRep:
    The cure?

MOISTURISE!
    It's caused by dry skin!
    Dry skin isn't necesarily caused by soaps or washing too much, it can be caused by problems effecting the sebaceous glands too. But moisturise!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that there is a medical condition for this.............I've heard of something similar where by people feel as if they have walked into a spiders web.............sorry, my brain isnt on top-form tonight, lol.

But yes, go and see the doctor.

If my brain/memory decides to function properly, then I shall come back with a diagnosis :OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I think I've finally lost it I feel completely mad, yet it's so real at the same time. I just don't know what's going on anymore. I feel like I need to go relax so I head out on a bike ride for a while, I'm heading on my way back and I'm almost near my house when I feel this massive sting on my neck and I'm thinking "Oh god, a bloody wasp" I can feel the wasp still stuck in my skin so I pedal for my life to get back home, I jump off the bike and run to find my brother to get the thing out of my neck.

Turns out there is nothing there, no sting, no mark, no poxy wasp.

....I'm so confused. :/
    other than the sudden jolts of pain and feelings of an insect do you have any other symptoms? any numbness/tingling? any problems with your vision? any difficulties speaking or walking? also how old are you? i'd go see your doctor and just explain what is happening.. people go in with weirder problems, believe me, they won't laugh at you..

(Original post by pillow)
    paranoid schizophrenia?? lol
    but i had feelings like this yesterday... there were moths flying right in my face... and then where ever i went i kept thinking they were on my body, and could constantly see moth shadows... but there was nothing there... maybe you should put on your favourite film or something to try and forget about these bug sensations.

lol a bit late but thread was re bumped. Paranoid schizophrenics dont have insight into their hallucinations

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like you have a bird mite infestation problem. Try bathing in hotwater with epsom salts and wash all your clothes in hot water and dry them on the hotest setting . Get more info at birdmites.org good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    You sure they're just not under your skin

ReputationRep:
    I GET THIS!!!!
    i asked my gp, and it turns out its just your hairs standing on end randomly all the time, but like only a few at a time, but it does feel like lil bugs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.