Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all
    I will be applying for mental health nursing in 2010 and i need to find out what the best universities are for Nursing in terms of 4 things
    1) Best reputation for nursing and employment rate after you qualify
    2) Accomodation and range of Accomodation ie Halls of Residence and is the accomodation value for money
    3) will they consider alternative qualifications such as a Recognised Access Course and other Qualifications
    4)Teaching Staff-beening approachable,knowledgeable etc
    Zak :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Personally i think choosing unis is alot more important than just league tables etc, but you could take a look at these anyway (The times website usually supplies them online)

The best thing to do would be visit open days. That way you'll be able to meet some staff and talk about the questions you've asked. You'll be able to get a feel for the place and see accommodation etc.

All unis differ quite abit when it comes to nursing aswell. They all do teaching/placements different. Holidays are different etc, so maybe this is something you can think of when making your choice and see if you have any specific preferences towards anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    Hi all
    I will be applying for mental health nursing in 2010 and i need to find out what the best universities are for Nursing in terms of 4 things
    1) Best reputation for nursing and employment rate after you qualify
    2) Accomodation and range of Accomodation ie Halls of Residence and is the accomodation value for money
    3) will they consider alternative qualifications such as a Recognised Access Course and other Qualifications
    4)Teaching Staff-beening approachable,knowledgeable etc
    Zak :yes:
    anyone you ask here is gonna be biased because they'll only know their uni - but i can say my experience at brookes has been second to none. 100% employment rate for the last three years of nursing graduates. best new university as voted by the times for 5 or 6 years running now. course is really good.... not much else i can say really. but i would definitely recommend it

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool unis are pretty good for this

I think there is no such thing as the 'best university' for nursing, but more whats the best university for you. For example york is/was at the top of the league tables, however some may find the campus or the course structure not for them. Spend some time researching universities you're interested in, go on open days, spend time in their cities/towns

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.