Turn on thread page Beta

Ebayer being awkward watch

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Never ever send an item if the money isn't in paypal when you log in. I always transfer the money straight into my bank account when I get it. In future always use paypal (logging in by typing the url into your browser - paypal won't send you links to login) to print invoices for your items. You will then know if you have the money because you won't be able to print the invoice otherwise.

Paypal will never ask for money in order to give you money (although they sometimes charge fees which they take out of the money on which the fee is charged). Did this not seem similar to those emails where the price of nigeria dies and his cousin needs your help to secure the funds from his account? .

ReputationRep:
    What product was it matey? I feel your pain. These scammers are ****. I was lucky because I was selling something to make a rent payment and one of those ******* was the high bid. I obviously realised it was a scam and didn't send but if the second chancer winner didn't buy I would have been ******.

ReputationRep:
    A wise man once said never, ever, EVER! trust a nigerian

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've been scammed, Ebay is really going downhill. I wont even use it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    chill out people stop being soo horrible and akward
    umm i would probably either contact ebay and they will sort it out, or they will tell you what to do, or contact paypal
    x.x.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathslover786)
    well i sold something on ebay the winner told me he was getting the phone for his nephew (this will b useful soon) so i sent the phone off to his address which is in USA then he emails me sayin why have u sent the item to USA i sad i wanted it shipping to Nigeria (he didnt) and now he is pissed off and wants me to contact royal mail and change the address...what can i do ive sent it off i did it by recorded delivery.
    Check ur imbox and ebay account and say look, show me proof of where u said Nigeria. I got proof of u saying post it to the USA. You want it changed, you pay. Then rep him bad.

He seems to be at it

You get people like that I am afraid, let us know how it goes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 17, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.