The Student Room Group

Should I Aim Higher?

Basically i chose my university course as it included sandwich year that i really liked the sound of. Now thinking back this may not have been the best decision as i've just had my BTEC results through and i over achieved by quite a bit.

So, during the UCAS adjustment period should i be looking at another course with the placement year or aren't they as necessary as made out?

Please help guys i'm going mad here! :woo: :eek3: :eek3:
Which uni have you got as your top choice?

If you think you'll enjoy the course etc then stick with it. But if you think there is a better alternative, maybe reapply for 2010 entry instead?

Personally I think the sandwich year would be rather beneficial. I've just graduated and I wish I'd done one as it would make getting a job a lot easier due to the experience!!
Reply 2
randomgirl
Which uni have you got as your top choice?

If you think you'll enjoy the course etc then stick with it. But if you think there is a better alternative, maybe reapply for 2010 entry instead

Nottingham trent. i know i could have chose at least one better uni. argghhh!
adamt
Basically i chose my university course as it included sandwich year that i really liked the sound of. Now thinking back this may not have been the best decision as i've just had my BTEC results through and i over achieved by quite a bit.

So, during the UCAS adjustment period should i be looking at another course with the placement year or aren't they as necessary as made out?

There's no harm in finding a course that you think you're more suited to and would enjoy more, that you could get in to through Adjustment.
I believe a Sandwich year will be extremely beneficial for you, especially in the current economoic climate. It could result in the organisation that you do your sandwich year with offering you a job, perhaps part-time while at Uni, including holiday work, or a permanent position in the company for when you've finished your studies. If you're really goof, and lucky, they may sponsor you for your remaining year(s)!
i think you should go through adjustment and aim higher, somewhere you REALLY want to go to
Reply 5
adamt

Congratulations on doing so well. What grades did you get?

adamt

Sounds like the sandwich year is important to you. So looking for courses with sandwich placements would make sense. Also if you find other courses that don't advertise placements ask if that is still an option. And if not why not! e.g. are there summer placements.

At the end of the day you are a customer and if they want your business they should be prepared and able to answer these kind of questions.

And you can investigate what Adjustment options there are without putting your form at risk. Check out the TSR Adjustment FAQ:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Reply 6
Paulwhy
Congratulations on doing so well. What grades did you get?

DDD in Information Technology.

Thanks for the advice !:biggrin:
Reply 7
adamt
DDD in Information Technology.

Well you could not have done much better than that!
Well Done.

Latest

Trending

Trending