Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For my degree I have chosen Bsc Hons Business Studies, the entry requirement is AAB, im not sure if i have chosen a 'soft option' :/ im unsure what career i want after uni but i thought if i went down the business avenue i would have many options, but im not sure whether i should take the chance i get at the beginning of my course (at least i think i have the chance) to change to something like english literature if there are spaces available :/ any advice would be appreciated
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would say stick with Business Studies because there are much more career options available like you said yourself. English lit is pretty restrictive and probably a harder degree (I think). It might be the soft option, but I reckon it'll work out better in the long run? Just make sure the course is something you're good at and enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carmcarm)
    I would say stick with Business Studies because there are much more career options available like you said yourself. English lit is pretty restrictive and probably a harder degree (I think). It might be the soft option, but I reckon it'll work out better in the long run? Just make sure the course is something you're good at and enjoy!
    See i wouldnt mind it being a bit harder if it would do me good stead later on in life, ive taken it at alevel and done quite well in it as far as i know, i just want to have good job prospects and the best possibility of a very good future as i can. I thought business studies would be jumped on by employers in the business world but ive come to think that maybe they prefer economics and other options that arent considered soft :/

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, but I would say Business Studies would be preferred over English lit? Although I could be talking complete crap here.

Because English Lit is such a restrictive subject, there's not really much you can do with that after you've finished your degree job-wise. Not sure about here, but in USA, you here loads of stories about how media and eng lit are one of the most useless degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carmcarm)
    Hmm, but I would say Business Studies would be preferred over English lit? Although I could be talking complete crap here.

Because English Lit is such a restrictive subject, there's not really much you can do with that after you've finished your degree job-wise. Not sure about here, but in USA, you here loads of stories about how media and eng lit are one of the most useless degrees
    oh right, thank you, i will go for the business then because my lifetime dream (probably will never happen) is to maybe move to america one day, thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!
    My dream for now is just to hope my A-levels turn out ok!

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness with the right business skills and acumen you could set up your own business, i.e publishers for instance and still do the other thing that you enjoy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.