Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the best tasting healthy meal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying a huuuge diet at the moment, so I've been eating little but salads the last few days. Unsurprisingly, this gets very boring, very fast. So can anyone recommend me what they think is the best tasting very healthy, very low fat meal? I'll probably try most of the ones I like the sound of and report back

ReputationRep:
    lobsters

ReputationRep:
    pizza (depending on toppings)

ReputationRep:
    Cous cous! With different kinds of peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn and tomatoes = nom nomm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    pizza (depending on toppings)
    hmmm but the bread base itself of pizza is quite carb-y, and then cheese isn't fantastic either!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HexagonalBolts)
    hmmm but the bread base itself of pizza is quite carb-y, and then cheese isn't fantastic either!
    You need protein and carbs for a healthy diet. Replace ordinary cheese with low fat :yep:

ReputationRep:
    pasta carbonara :/

ReputationRep:
    Turkey or chicken and fig salad. Mmm.

ReputationRep:
    Brown rice with things in it.

ReputationRep:
    chicken, sweet chilli sauce and rice.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but this is one of those moments where I just have to say:

"Your dad on toast!" :awesome:

But on a serious matter, try Quorn OP. Low in fat and high in protein, its win-win!

ReputationRep:
    pasta cheese and butter with some mushrooms

ReputationRep:
    Home-made veggie curry.

Obviously the curry paste has a fair bit of oil in it, but it's not like you use that much of it. Then you can put in loads of whatever vegetables you like (carrots, peppers, courgettes, aubergine, brocolli), and some chickpeas to give it some protein (or of course you could use a low fat meat like chicken, but veg is cheaper), and a tin of chopped tomatoes.

Get a few of your 5 a day, not much fat, and it's yummy.

(This is my plan for when term starts again, anyway! Probably be eating it a couple of times a week.)

ReputationRep:
    Vegetable bouillon, only 12 calories per cup :y:

ReputationRep:
    Grilled chicken breast or salmon filet, with lots of veg and sweet potato (much lower fat than regular potato).

Stir fries w/ chicken (lean, no skin) and thin noodles and/or rice, lots of veg again, soy sauce.

Egg white omelettes.

Whoever suggested low fat cheese - don't bother, it's rubbish, if you are a cheese fan try to stick to cottage or lighter ones such as feta.

Soup, soup, soup! So healthy and filling, and easy to make too.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Stir fry. As long as you don't put too much oil in it, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Rice with prawns, chicken or turkey. Just add a lot of vegetables in the mix and a low-calorie sauce. I have mushrooms, spring onions and baby corn in mine.

ReputationRep:
    rabbit. food.

ReputationRep:
    Chickpea stew. I make a WICKED chickpea stew. Veggie curry, as someone's already suggested. Quorn shepherd's pie/lasagna etc.
    Stir fry!

ReputationRep:
    sushi. i love it... i know others really dont though, but its reallt healthy. YUMMMM....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.