Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new to this and just want some advice
    basically i met my gf in january and well weve had our ups and downs she stopped smoking because she knew i never liked it.
    i was talking to her today and turns out she still smokes spliff but only once now and then. is that still bad for her health ??

i just dont understand y she would still do it even after she said she wouldnt she promised she wouldnt aswell. Why go behind my back and do it it would have been better her just telling me the truth..

i dont know what to say to her can someone please help me

ReputationRep:
    Good for her health? Well obviously it's a lot less beneficial than not smoking at all.

I guess maybe she didn't want to disappoint you. I mean, if you knew she smoked when you got together, maybe you shouldn't have tried to change her to begin with?

Have you told her that she's hurt you and that you would have rather been told the truth? Tell her how you feel about it. But if she doesn't want to change for herself, then you can't change for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Good for her health? Well obviously it's a lot less beneficial than not smoking at all.

I guess maybe she didn't want to disappoint you. I mean, if you knew she smoked when you got together, maybe you shouldn't have tried to change her to begin with?

Have you told her that she's hurt you and that you would have rather been told the truth? Tell her how you feel about it. But if she doesn't want to change for herself, then you can't change for you.
    well we were talking on MSN and i just stayed quiet because i was upset and all she said was ok fine stay quiet and signed out. i tried calling her and her phones off

btw its a long distance relationship so its kinda hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    well we were talking on MSN and i just stayed quiet because i was upset and all she said was ok fine stay quiet and signed out. i tried calling her and her phones off

btw its a long distance relationship so its kinda hard.
    Well maybe wait til you've both cooled up and then talk? Just don't talk to her in an accusative manner.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe wait til you've both cooled up and then talk? Just don't talk to her in an accusative manner.
    yh well weve been having arguments over little things the past few days
    maybe she just needs some time to think and be alone ??

thanks randomgirl i feel a bit betta now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    yh well weve been having arguments over little things the past few days
    maybe she just needs some time to think and be alone ??

thanks randomgirl i feel a bit betta now
    I have no idea why I wrote 'cooled up', I meant calmed down :rofl2:

Yeah, maybe give her a bit of space Hope things get sorted :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea why I wrote 'cooled up', I meant calmed down :rofl2:

Yeah, maybe give her a bit of space Hope things get sorted :yy:
    LOL it made sense to me
    thanks again good luck to you in the future aswell

ReputationRep:
    OP, I think sometimes giving up things like smoking for a partner as good as they may seem at the time can always create small arguments down the line. The fact that she promised do you that she wouldnt do it is a bad thing, although she has told you that she does do it occassionaly is a good thing, shows theres good trust and honesty in the relationship. She may have went behind your back doing it because she didnt want to hurt you etc. Maybe tell her not to smoke, but I wouldn't encourage you asking her to stop smoking completely, things like that are always tempting to do (eg socially), sometimes it just happens.

ReputationRep:
    well thing is she never told me exactly i just kinda guessed it and she sed yh i do but only 1 drag now and again. i dont think she would have told me otherwise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    well thing is she never told me exactly i just kinda guessed it and she sed yh i do but only 1 drag now and again. i dont think she would have told me otherwise

If its a drag or two then I wouldnt worry about it too much. Its when she starts coming to your house with buying Blue Slims, Golden Virginia and a crumbler is when you need to be a bit more stern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    If its a drag or two then I wouldnt worry about it too much. Its when she starts coming to your house with buying Blue Slims, Golden Virginia and a crumbler is when you need to be a bit more stern.
    haha yhh i guess im just gonna give her some time to think we have had a rough week.

ReputationRep:
    Omg she's a crackwhore! Dump her. Dump her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    lol harsh harsh sarcasm, West Londoners are suppossed to be nice! I should know I live there too lol

ReputationRep:
    theres no need to call her a crackwhore
    keep your stupid opinions to yourself please.

(Original post by Footballfiend08)
    lol harsh harsh sarcasm, West Londoners are suppossed to be nice! I should know I live there too lol
    lol my gfs from east london im from birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    theres no need to call her a crackwhore
    keep your stupid opinions to yourself please.
    You are way too stupid for this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Druggie girls are hot :coma:

ReputationRep:
    You are way too stupid for this forum.
    explain why im stupid ??

(Original post by a_t)
    and umm lol ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taz92)
    explain why im stupid ??
    Because you don't understand ******* sarcasm. And it's not a big deal, smoking the occasional spliff. You'd have to be really naiive to think it was.
    You just come across as completely stupid. Sorry.

(Original post by a_t)

Damn straight!

ReputationRep:
    Because you don't understand ******* sarcasm. And it's not a big deal, smoking the occasional spliff. You'd have to be really naiive to think it was.
    You just come across as completely stupid. Sorry.
    lol naa dont apologise just that if someone says something bad bout my gf then i dont take it lightly even if it was a joke..
    soo sorry for going off on one.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.