• View Poll Results: Who do you choose?
    Obama/Palin
    33.33%
    McCain/Biden
    40.74%
    Other
    25.93%

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so, hypothetically, it's 2008 again and you have a choice- one that may be terrifying. You can vote for McCain/Biden or Obama/Palin. Which is it, and why?

ReputationRep:
    Other :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Oven Chips and Bidet, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    Ok, so, hypothetically, it's 2008 again and you have a choice- one that may be terrifying. You can vote for McCain/Biden or Obama/Palin. Which is it, and why?
    Obama definitely, I dislike McCain, and the vice president doesn't do all the much anyway. Obama's pros massively outweigh Palin's cons, especially considering they wouldn't have much influence, and that she'd be forced in to following Obama's government.

ReputationRep:
    McCaine/Biden, because I think Obama is overhyped (AIPAC speeches...still kills me) and Palin is a nightmare.

Nader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Nader.
    Unrelated, what grades do you need for your course?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I might go McCain/Biden. I surprise myself at that.
    McCain was always my favourite Republican, a relative liberal, and it was his associations with the far-conservative wing, represented by Palin, that made me hate him.
    Biden...foot-in-mouth disease aside, he seems to be relatively competent.

Obama was always going to be aided more by his cabinet and delegation, which seems to be working as well as it can.
    Palin is utterly insane and frankly an embarrassment to America. She would just bring a bad name, nationally and internationally, to any government of which she's a part.

Unrelated, what grades do you need for your course?
    260 UCAS points and a B in Politics, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    260 UCAS points and a B in Politics, why?
    Just wondering as I'm a Brunellian also.

Just wondering as I'm a Brunellian also.
    For Law I take it? Why not add me to MSN or Skype? Im a friendly fellow.

ReputationRep:
    Now that's a good question.

The thing is in 2008, McCain/Biden would have been 'averages' i.e. competent but nothing spectacularly inspiring, whereas Obama/Palin was one shining beacon of hope diluted by one of the worst/most incompetent/embarrassing politicians in history. When you look at it, Palin lost McCain a lot of votes. I'd probably have voted McCain/Biden tbh :awesome: - just so Palin didn't become one of the most powerful women in the world and nothing to do with Obama.

ReputationRep:
    McCain/Biden I think. I liked Palin, but the VP is purely symbolic anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    McCain/Biden I think. I liked Palin, but the VP is purely symbolic anyways.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Can I vote for Paris Hilton? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    McCain/Biden. McCain is a liberal conservative with experience coming out the wazoo, and Biden is a heavily competant person who I would trust to run the US. On the other hand Obambi is a naive novice who I hope will only have one term. Palin is annoying as **** too.

ReputationRep:
    I would support Gloria La Riva.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Because she had experience and I thought she had a chance of energizing the base?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would support Obama/Clinton or
    Bartlett/Obama

(Josiah Bartlett from West Wing)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.