Turn on thread page Beta

why do people complain about food here? watch

ReputationRep:
    english cuisine may be crappy, and it is, but if you go to a supermarket you can buy the same **** they sell in any other countries. restaurants aren't bad either.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there are people that complain about food everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    It's a web forum, people complain about just about everything. I agree with you though that it doesn't always seem justified!

ReputationRep:
    why do people complain about people who complain about food?

fargo is a good film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    I'm sure there are people that complain about food everywhere.
    +1

ReputationRep:
    food sux

ReputationRep:
    sorry i wasn't talking about this forum specifically.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think England is actually amazing in terms of the products we can get from different cuisines.

I lived in France for 7 months this year. And yes, French food is good. But sometimes you really want curry or Chinese. I had to bring back curry pastes and Chinese sauces every time I went home to England.

And anyway, if it's done well, English food can be pretty good. I love a good roast dinner. And puddings! It's just that if English food is done badly - overcooked meat, soggy vegetables, it can be pretty bland. Good fish and chips are great, but they get ruined by too many soggy greasy encounters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    I lived in France for 7 months this year. And yes, French food is good. But sometimes you really want curry or Chinese. I had to bring back curry pastes and Chinese sauces every time I went home to England.
    agreed with this. i think most just think of "fish and chips" when you say food in england, when really finding good food isn't hard at all.

ReputationRep:
    People lack ideas and are force fed ideas on what 'food' is by supermarkets. Learn to cook.

ReputationRep:
    I complain because food over here tastes like nothing. If you were blind folded you probably wouldn't know you were chewing on a piece of chicken; that's why people often say things taste like chicken. Where I come from, each type of food has its distinct taste without any sort of enhancement.

People who whinge about the food are mainy the people who can't cook for themselves. If they coud cook, they'd make what they liked and they'd enjoy it, and they'd aso enjoy it because they made it theirselves.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.