Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend checking other girls out? watch

I'm not really hurt by it but it bothers me a little.

When I'm out and about with my boyfriend, every time an attractive girl walks past, i notice him checking her out. he doesn't mean anything by it but sometimes he even turns his head to keep looking then quickly looks away to not get caught by me. i pretend i never noticed but i do.. and sometimes it makes me feel like not enough. those girls must be thinking "wow, he's with his girlfriend and he's checking me out".

we were in boots and this blonde woman at the counter with a large chest was serving us. she was putting the stuff in the bag and the whole time my bf looked at her boobs, like stared directly at them. She noticed and gave him a funny look..

would you care?

it just annoys me that my 21 year old boyfriend is acting like a teenager who never gets laid. i understand that men look but his eyes are completely fixed on certain women in front of me.

am i over reacting?

ReputationRep:
    Even if a guy was with a model, he would still look at other girls imo. It's a natural thing, boys will be boys :tongue: And it has nothing to do with age btw..

ReputationRep:
    It's normal, dont read too much into it.

ReputationRep:
    You're saying you don't look at other boys at all when out and about? Not even a peek?

ReputationRep:
    He looks, you look, we all look. Nothing wrong with appreciating an attractive person.

ReputationRep:
    I think the rule is 'Look but don't touch'

ReputationRep:
    Agree with everyone else so far. He's only looking, maybe the turning head thing is a bit bad but other than that, it's normal and nothing to get offended about.

Thanks guys! I understand men look, and i look at guys too but I glance then look away. He seems to full on look them up and down and makes it so obvious. maybe he's just stupid lol

he doesnt mean anything by it. hes a good guy but its so blatant sometimes that it annoys me
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I see a girl with a massive pair of boobs and you expect me not to notice, espicially if shes in front for a while, you might not understand but it is difficult, i wouldnt look too much into it though.

ReputationRep:
    Stare at him. That will put him off. Or take off all your clothes and if he doesnt look dump him.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if any guy could hold himself back for more than a few hours when walking around shops.

Just make a joke out of it or point out hot girls/guys to him and see how he reacts to either.

The look but don't touch rule applies here

ReputationRep:
    Haha my bf is probably worse...except for the staring thing. That seems a little creepy and socially inappropriate
    He makes comments to me about the women. Something like "good legs" would come out naturally.

Honestly? It doesn't really bother me because I know her legs aren't better than mine , and because I'm kind of flattered that he knows I am confident enough in myself to be unfazed by a natural male instinct. He doesn't feel like he has to pretend I'm prettier than Natalie Portman so I don't feel threatened, and for that I'm glad.

I would reciprocate except I rarely bother to check out anyone (single or not) but I know that he has no issue with me saying I think someone I know is good looking.

ReputationRep:
    We glance rather than stare, its a subtle art of never getting caught even when your single let alone a relationship.

I think either sex would would care if they constantly had their partner checking hotties out, so no, I don't believe you are overreacting.

You should sit him down and tell him exactly how it makes you feel, he loves you and probably doesn't intend to make you feel less-than.

ReputationRep:
    Give him loads of bj's.make the man happy

ReputationRep:
    its just human nature

ReputationRep:
    TBH the fact he isn't groping any big pair of tits he sees means he cares for you.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like i'm only ever looked at by guys who are out with their girlfriends.
    Whats that about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not really hurt by it but it bothers me a little.

When I'm out and about with my boyfriend, every time an attractive girl walks past, i notice him checking her out. he doesn't mean anything by it but sometimes he even turns his head to keep looking then quickly looks away to not get caught by me. i pretend i never noticed but i do.. and sometimes it makes me feel like not enough. those girls must be thinking "wow, he's with his girlfriend and he's checking me out".

we were in boots and this blonde woman at the counter with a large chest was serving us. she was putting the stuff in the bag and the whole time my bf looked at her boobs, like stared directly at them. She noticed and gave him a funny look..

would you care?

it just annoys me that my 21 year old boyfriend is acting like a teenager who never gets laid. i understand that men look but his eyes are completely fixed on certain women in front of me.

am i over reacting?
    Either he's just being a normal boy and looking at attractive people, or your an ugly fat ****. You decide?

(SORRY I HAD TO MAKE A JOKE! It's a natural thing, don't worry about it!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sssdeol1)
    Give him loads of bj's.make the man happy
    Well stated.

RESPECT.

ReputationRep:
    lol i dont think ur overreacting... you're only getting annoyed... not like you're saying you want to end the relationship etc... so your not overreacting i would be annoyed too... if he constantly stared...and made it obvious

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.