Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you be offended if someone said you were curvy/squishy? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you be offended if someone said you were 'curvy/squishy'?
    I'm male and I would be offended
    15.97%
    I'm female and I would be offended
    42.86%
    I'm male and I would not be offended
    15.97%
    I'm female and I would not be offended
    25.21%

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't be offended if you said it because you say squish at the end of every message! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    ¬_¬ The other day I had a convo with my dad. I'll summise it.

Me: Lol dad I swear you're skinnier than me.
    Dad: Probably... I'm a smaller build than you.
    Me: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!??!??! ?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU!?
    Dad: :lolwut: Whaat?
    Me: I'm not bigger than you I was JOKING! You weigh much more than me!!!!
    Dad: Sorry sorry sorry! :confused:

Yeah, if he called me squishy I'd have killed him.
    :rofl:

Every line of this conversation is hilarious! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I dont think curvy should be used for fat people...

I think it should be used for average weight women (in all the right places!)

Those are the sexiest type of women (i dont like the ultra skinny trend, nothing to grab on 2)

ReputationRep:
    Nope i wont be offended.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be offended if they called me curvy or squishy in an affectionate way, because I am

However if they said it in an offensive manner with cruel intentions, yes my feelings would be hurt. More by the fact that they intended to insult me rather than the fact that they were pointing out that I am slightly overweight though...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be offended, but then I am fat so really I shouldn't be. Oh we women are curious creatures, even I don't understand myself sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be offended if someone called me squishy these days. When I was fatter it probably wouldn't have bothered me as much because it was true!

ReputationRep:
    do you reckon it would be appropriate to call Kimberley Kardashim squishy? (look her up on Google Images if you haven't heard of her).

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, actually if someone called me CURVY (and they meant it in the genuine way - none of this "fat girl who calls herself curvy" business) I wouldn't because I am!

ReputationRep:
    I would hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Probably, actually if someone called me CURVY (and they meant it in the genuine way - none of this "fat girl who calls herself curvy" business) I wouldn't because I am!
    Why would you be offended to be called squishy though? Don't you think it is cute to have some squish? - If a lady is curvy then the chances are she has an accentuated booty relative to her waist which invariable containts a fair amount of squish - of course her squish will be more concentrated in that area of the body rather than evenly distributed.

I for one would take it as a compliment if I could be more squishy.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    I'm surprised so many female people consider 'squishy' to be offensive!

I mean, if someone really wanted to offend you surely they would just call you 'obese' straight off, right?

squish.
    I don't find it offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you be offended to be called squishy though? Don't you think it is cute to have some squish? - If a lady is curvy then the chances are she has an accentuated booty relative to her waist which invariable containts a fair amount of squish - of course her squish will be more concentrated in that area of the body rather than evenly distributed.

I for one would take it as a compliment if I could be more squishy.

squish.

This is more for white girls tbh, but being curvy isn't the ideal. It's not what you aim for. It might be what guys like, but tbh the fact that girls lose weight for guys isn't true.

You don't lose weight for guys, you lose weight for girls. The ideal is, unfortunately, the waif look. No tits, no ass, long and skinny and perfect. Heroin chic in the 90s is still what people aim for.

It will always be more chic to be skinny. Being slender and slight; that's the ideal. Not being curvy.

Guys just wanna see tits and ass, so the 'curvier' the better. Girls want to be waifs. Obviously not all, and this is a generalisation, but that's why it's so offensive to be 'squishy'. You don't want to be squishy, you want to be model-like.

Girls would kill to look like Kate Moss (or to have her body), but how many guys hold her up as a pinnacle of what they'd want in a girlfriend?

You probably don't find this particularly hot but I find her stunning:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    This is more for white girls tbh, but being curvy isn't the ideal. It's not what you aim for. It might be what guys like, but tbh the fact that girls lose weight for guys isn't true.

You don't lose weight for guys, you lose weight for girls. The ideal is, unfortunately, the waif look. No tits, no ass, long and skinny and perfect. Heroin chic in the 90s is still what people aim for.

It will always be more chic to be skinny. Being slender and slight; that's the ideal. Not being curvy.

Guys just wanna see tits and ass, so the 'curvier' the better. Girls want to be waifs. Obviously not all, and this is a generalisation, but that's why it's so offensive to be 'squishy'. You don't want to be squishy, you want to be model-like.

Girls would kill to look like Kate Moss (or to have her body), but how many guys hold her up as a pinnacle of what they'd want in a girlfriend?

You probably don't find this particularly hot but I find her stunning:
    Is it 'more acceptable' for say, Arabian and Persian and Subcontinental girls to be squishy? For example if you go to the subcontinent and visit a temple many will have very busty and curvy naked women carved onto them so I thought that was the ideal of beauty. Obviously Western religions are more prudish though and would not have displayed women like that.

Does Kate Moss not need a bra then? I guess she saves alot of money on that when alot of women with more bubbly chests are probaly forced into buying bras they were permanently. Do you reckon most white guys would also be offended to be called squishy?

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Is it 'more acceptable' for say, Arabian and Persian and Subcontinental girls to be squishy? For example if you go to the subcontinent and visit a temple many will have very busty and curvy naked women carved onto them so I thought that was the ideal of beauty. Obviously Western religions are more prudish though and would not have displayed women like that.

Does Kate Moss not need a bra then? I guess she saves alot of money on that when alot of women with more bubbly chests are probaly forced into buying bras they were permanently. Do you reckon most white guys would also be offended to be called squishy?

squish.
    Well I said white didn't I? *Sigh* I don't know why I bothered responding properly, knew I wouldn't get a decent response from you.

ReputationRep:
    Stop Saying Squish You Freak

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of...large as it goes, and my 10 year old sister is always telling me how comfortable I am =/

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm squishy. I think I'd hate to be so bony and not have boobs to cuddle when it's cold :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    I wouldn't be offended if they called me curvy or squishy in an affectionate way, because I am

However if they said it in an offensive manner with cruel intentions, yes my feelings would be hurt. More by the fact that they intended to insult me rather than the fact that they were pointing out that I am slightly overweight though...
    your hot in your profile pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul McGann)
    your hot in your profile pic
    Thanks it's nice to know that slightly overweight people can be hot :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.