Turn on thread page Beta

Volunteering abroad for under 18s watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

this summer i went on expedition to Peru for a month on world challenge with a group from my school... it was all about becoming more independant etc with us leading the expedition ourselves, and the teachers being there incase something went majorly wrong. we volunteered in an orphanage, went trekking and navigated our way around the country.
    anyway, i wondered if anyone else has been away volunteering before they left school, and if so where did they go/who with etc as i would really like to go away again next summer again

any help would be much appreciated,
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a little different, but i went to Los Angeles to work for the YMCA. I went by myself staying with my cousin and helping out with the residents and running various activities. I suppose it was more "upmarket" than peru but its a referance for me which hopefully oxford will enjoy reading ;-)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.