Of course not.
Reply 22
Depends if they'd give me rep or not..
lella_m
Funny that.

The same thing happened to me...

Come to my house. :borat:

:ninja:
It depends, like others have mentioned, whether or not the user was known to the community? If he simply happened to sign up to post his 'cool story', then I guess I would raise an eyebrow.

I would like to think I would be willing to donate, however, I wouldn't use PayPal (with their fees!)

In actual fact, if the user was local (and/or I had nothing better to do), I would ask to meet them. Not so I could verify the story, but to get more of a understanding on their situation, and to help them more personally.
If the person's story sounded genuine enough with a lot of detail then I might. And I'm pretty good at detecting fakes anyway. However I think a lot of people would just say 'lulz' and ':lolwut:' and avoid it.

That was really nice of the forum. Which one was it?
Melting Sugar.
Tbh i'd probably be pessimistic and think he's lying. :/

Same. Damn cynicism.
If she was female and hot then I'd consider but it'd be conditional tbh.

:woo:
Reply 28
If they have gold gems then they can have all my money, a pack of cigars and my first daughter's virginity,

If they have red gems they can **** off.
Reply 29
Unless the guy had flashing rep, I'm pretty sure it would meet universal cries of " :troll: ". Otherwise, it would just be "lolz".
farhan
If the person's story sounded genuine enough with a lot of detail then I might. And I'm pretty good at detecting fakes anyway. However I think a lot of people would just say 'lulz' and ':lolwut:' and avoid it.

That was really nice of the forum. Which one was it?

Over 70% people wouldn't, apparently :sad:
The most common responses, apart from mega lolz, would be:

"Troll"
"Pics or GTFO"
"Just looked at your PayPal, there's over 9000 in there"
Reply 32
If they were local I'd meet them and if they were sane, etc, I'd give them a place to stay before helping them find somewhere to stay until they are able to get back on their feet -- I know some people who work in hostels etc. But unless I knew them extremely well I would not give them money.

Not on this forum but on another forum where I had been a member for 3+ years, when I was stuck in Glasgow for a night with no where to stay I posted and over 6 people offered me a bed. So I guess if someone has been around long enough & been to meets people will be willing to help them out where possible.
Joseph90
If they have gold gems then they can have all my money, a pack of cigars and my first daughter's virginity,

Can I have your eldest daughter's virginity please?
I'd just assume they were a troll, unless of course it was a very respected member (e.g. Generalebriety or somebody of that status, although the likelihood of going from Cambridge to the gutter seems insignificant), in which case I'm sure TSR would oblige in a similar manner
Joseph90

:hubba:
":awesome:"

":iiam:"

":troll:"

"Oh well, at least you still have a flashing gem. :borat:"

"Should have saved instead of subscribing."

"Why don't you use your 'riches' to buy a home?"
what is this forum. i want to go on it and say im homeless :colone:

on topic, no i wouldnt
God no. I do not have enough money to throw it left and right at anyone who asks for some.
Magnum Opus
Depends on the user; I expect with a long standing well known user, yes.

Ditto

Latest

Trending

Trending