"Wine drunk" vs "Beer/liquer drunk" Watch

SEALOFAPPROVAL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey all,

I'm wondering, I've drank plenty of beer, wine and liquer in my time - however I've also found that wine give as distinctly different "buzz" than other types of alcohol. I can't put my finger on the differences though..

Just wondering if anyone can qualitatively describe the differences between the two and what causes the difference - afterall it's all ethanol.
TomDut
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not sure what the difference is but I do agree it's there.

Usually when I go out I will drink either straight whisky, whisky and coke or Budweiser... I can get really drunk and still be quite body able and have no hangover in the morning.
However, after drinking a couple of bottles of strong wine I will feel moreso drunk and have a muzzy head the next day.

Strange.
SEALOFAPPROVAL
Rep:
?
Yeah it's a bit weird
co_co_vogue
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wine makes you feel sicker.
300mg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No difference, just more alcohol being taken at once in a more concentrated form producing stronger or weaker effects.

Spirits and shots hit hard and produce a lot of euphoria for me. Beer... more weak and probably more pukey.

The drug is exactly the same. The ingesting is what differs.
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Higher conc wines have more chemicals in which give a diff buzz & worse hangover, wines 12% and under give the same feeling.
SEALOFAPPROVAL
Rep:
?
I guess.
impervious
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't drink wine, so I wouldn't know.
username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by impervious)
I can't drink wine, so I wouldn't know.
Samesies.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
White wine gives me a headache, spirits don't. I've never really been drunk on beers, wouldn't know.
coronita
Report 9 years ago
wine leads to tears

spirits = happy drunk
ThemThereEyes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wine on the whole makes me a silly kind of drunk.

Only red wine gives me a bad hangover. With beer and spirits i'm usually alrite.
Zed's Dead Baby
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd suggest there's as big a difference between beer hangovers as there is compared to spirit hangovers as there is wine compared to either.

I'd also suggest beer drunk tends to lead to more 'lairyness' than spirits or wine.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm wine is usually better cos I only really drink it with meals so at least my stomach has a decent lining
timetokill
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Beer drunks horrible, it just makes you bloated and I feel a bit belly achey the next day if ive been drinking beer.

Wine drunk to me seems the same as spirits drunk I think. Spirits and shots are what I tend to stick to.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have only been wine/beer drunk once in my life....never again

Liquer drunk all the way.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Beer drunk and whisky drunk are different feelings for me too, as is wine. Wine makes me sleepy. Beer makes me sick sooner.

Whisky ftw.
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
all different imo.
beer has me in a slightly tipsy giggly state for ages and leaves me bloated if i drink too fast. so maybe it's good as i drink slow and just get happy? hum! but wine has me more silly and dopey, but i take myself more seriously and urgg. ohh and i get just a little bit.. randy?
my dad got banned from our neighbours house by his wife after the husband and my dad drank a box of red rine each then flicked the lightsin the house on and off and threw bbq bones all over the street!

oh, i dislike spirit drunk. i avoid it at all costs, aside from a couple of whiskeys at the pub or before bed
Bluelight
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wine drunk is horrible, beer drunk makes me happy but wine drunk makes me feel slurry and somehow half self conscious of my drunkness.
SEALOFAPPROVAL
Rep:
?
It seems it effects everyone differently, but wine has a trend of "mellow" and "sleepy". Id like to hear some insight into the biological/physiological causes of this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (279)
27.51%
No (735)
72.49%

Watched Threads