Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In the past day or two, its dawned on me that my as level results will be coming in 13 days - i am sooooooo scared; i know i didn't do that well and will probs get 2 A's and 2B's but I KNOW all my friends will get all A's - they are super clever and came out of every exam looking like they'd slept with a coat hanger in thier mouths - realllly happy and celebrating. Lets just say, i looked a little different. Anyway, i've always wanted to apply to cambridge, newnham for Law and have a strong feeling that i won't be able to do this anymore
    What i'm saying is, how do i react when my friends get stunning grades and i'm left with crappy grades
    Also, how do i cope with bad grades and not being able to get to cambridge - a place i have researched, dreamed of - even made posters of
    Lol basically how do i stop myself from completely freaking out on the 20th and getting too jealous of my friends' success - trust me this scenario is guaranteed
    Thanx xxx

ReputationRep:
    How is AABB crappy?

ReputationRep:
    you make me a little bit sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazza558)
    How is AABB crappy?
    To do Law i need 3A's atleats and you know cambridge - that's thier minimum - they want like 4 A's at least and now 1 A*

ReputationRep:
    eurgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtt16)
    you make me a little bit sick
    lol - i knew i'd make someone sick with post...lol why - its ok i can take it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisingHard)
    To do Law i need 3A's atleats and you know cambridge - that's thier minimum - they want like 4 A's at least and now 1 A*
    Well first of all you don't know what you got yet so there is still a chance and second of all maybe just maybe you might have to face the horrifying prospect of considering other Universities if you do get AABB. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    eurgh
    lol i'm a nice person at all other times promise...this is just frustrating - hey you tsr users should understand my need for good grades more than anyone

ReputationRep:
    In the past day or two, its dawned on me that my as level results will be coming in 13 days - i am sooooooo scared; i know i didn't do that well and will probs get 2 A's and 2B's but I KNOW all my friends will get all A's - they are super clever and came out of every exam looking like they'd slept with a coat hanger in thier mouths - realllly happy and celebrating. Lets just say, i looked a little different. Anyway, i've always wanted to apply to cambridge, newnham for Law and have a strong feeling that i won't be able to do this anymore
    What i'm saying is, how do i react when my friends get stunning grades and i'm left with crappy grades
    Also, how do i cope with bad grades and not being able to get to cambridge - a place i have researched, dreamed of - even made posters of
    Lol basically how do i stop myself from completely freaking out on the 20th and getting too jealous of my friends' success - trust me this scenario is guaranteed
    Thanx xxx
    Oh Dear God.

Only on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Some people aren't being very fair.

You'll have to say well done for your friends. But maybe just don't spend much time with them when you first get your results out? Then you'll have a bit of time to get over it.

And Good Luck! You might have done better than you thought.

Don't freak out. Use it as motivation to do better next time.

ReputationRep:
    I got AABB, it's not that bad ¬_¬

You can always resit anyway.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i guess so

ReputationRep:

Thanx xxx

Are you asian by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice cubes are cool)
    Some people aren't being very fair.

You'll have to say well done for your friends. But maybe just don't spend much time with them when you first get your results out? Then you'll have a bit of time to get over it.

And Good Luck! You might have done better than you thought.
    You understand! Thankyouuuu

ReputationRep:
    this just means you wont be able to go to no.1 university. Besides a lower ranked university means that its easier to get a 1st or a 2.1. I know a guy who got a 2.2 from Cambridge and found it quite hard to get a job because loads of companys ask for 2.1 minimum and he was annoyed because 2.2 from cambridge si amazing. Something to think about...

ReputationRep:
    lol i'm a nice person at all other times promise...this is just frustrating - hey you tsr users should understand my need for good grades more than anyone

You don't sound like you want to succeed for yourself though, you sound like you just want to be like all your other friends.

ReputationRep:
    Be happy for your friends, as you'd expect them to be happy for you if the tables were turned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazzarus)
    Are you asian by any chance?
    Lol yes...do you understand now - our whole culture is studying

ReputationRep:
    My friends sister got AAB and she has graduated from Oxford, she stuidied Law, AABB is not crappy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.