Turn on thread page Beta

Boris Johnson's school chum on Iran and the West watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...e-1769001.html

and

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...n-1769008.html

He was born with good looks, intelligence and the connections to match, and once moved in the finest circles at Eton and Oxford, where he was a member of the Bullingdon Club and a contemporary of Boris Johnson and David Cameron.

In an essay about Iran, Mr Guppy says Britain has become an "urban hell" and a dispenser of "moral poison" whose citizens are enslaved by a "culture of consumerism"

Comments on a postcard please.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Guppy is in no place to comment on moral matters.

ReputationRep:
    I totally mis-read the title

ReputationRep:
    And what significance does Boris have too that paper?

ReputationRep:
    Guppy? How the hell can he comment on morality?

ReputationRep:
    How much did the regime pay him to write their propaganda, I wonder?

ReputationRep:
    And how to explain this sudden interest in Iran's democratic aspirations? Did Western governments care for the wishes of her people when it helped Saddam kill hundreds of thousands of them because they had risen up in popular revolt against a genuine dictator?
    He makes a good point :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    By school chum, do you mean that Boris went to the same school as him?

So by that logic if one person in my school murders someone or is a racist that means everyone else in the school is too?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, one of the best articles i have read for a long time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.