Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I can understand what you're going through.

I've sent my student finance forms to job centre plus and received nothing from them for a month. Apparently my local job centre gave me the wrong address and now the forms were lost. I was told to send the forms again but this time they only addressed me to send the forms of my mother. Not my father.

The forms with my mother's benefit details are done now. But I'm still waiting for them to send back the forms with my father's benefit details. It is been a week since.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm glad I'm not the only person having problems with the finance people. Although it says Assessed on the website they're claiming that we haven't applied for the fees and maintenance which is a load of rubbish as we have the proof of what we have applied for. We have also tried to conatct them from the minute they open to the minute they close and every time we try it says that their operators are busy. Now that my course is starting in 2 weeks time I'm getting worried that I won't get the money in time. Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?

ReputationRep:
    I am experiencing the same thing! And I dont know if I should defer my course now because of this, as if I don't get the loan on time, I might not be able to afford the cost of living and course fee =(

ReputationRep:
    That identity confirmation form is such a hassle :mad:
    Back in May, it took me a month to find someone suitable and my doctor/dentist/optician wouldn't even sign it!

ReputationRep:
    I am still awaiting for that financial notification letter from them. They assured me a couple of weeks ago that i dont need to send in anything but they are keeping me on hold for some time now. ALso, online my status say ' Awaiting further evidence' when i have added my passport number and sent my parents financial details. EVEN now i am trying to call them, they say its busy.......i dont know....should i contact my university about this?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.