Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im just interested, or maybe you want to be paid for it, or youll only give it to family members

i used to and i will do again when i an eligible for it. there was a huge thread on it somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably.

ReputationRep:
    Yep will do when I can.

ReputationRep:
    I gave blood three weeks ago =] It didn't hurt, just felt a little weird but was over in like 15 minutes! After I felt great, as ythough I'd done a really good deed! Of course I would do it again, it saves lives.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, next time the blood bus thing is round my way. I have no problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    I have, and I will probably do so again later this year.

ReputationRep:
    My parents both do and i think id like to aswell! It's a good cause!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully not!
    haha I currently don't weigh enough, I'm 105 pounds and you have to be at least 110 (in the US), so I won't be doing so unless I gain some weight (hopefully not)

ReputationRep:
    been meaning to get round to that for a while now so to answer the question, yes i will.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I recently signed up at the www.blood.co.uk website, now considering my first donation.

ReputationRep:
    I have three times, but last time they missed my vein and poked around my bicep with the needle, it was not pleasant. I probably wont go again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Yes. I recently signed up at the www.blood.co.uk website, now considering my first donation.
    Well done mate, it's a good cause.

I'm not 18 yet.

ReputationRep:
    i would but since i've been old enough, i've always failed in one of the criteria

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeep, done and done.

Interesting point - guys who have had oral/anal sex with other guys (even if it was protected) are not allowed to give blood, full stop...

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done it, fainted!

Now there is a note on my file every time I go back! Doh!

ReputationRep:
    Not any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    I keep meaning to-I just need a push in the right direction. Im 17, can I even do it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Family and close friends course I would. Not trying to sound harsh though but I hate the idea of it. But if my family needed anything off me that was donatable I would without hestitation.

ReputationRep:
    I will as soon as I'm allowed to (:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.