The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i used to and i will do again when i an eligible for it. there was a huge thread on it somewhere
Yeah, probably.
Yep will do when I can.
I gave blood three weeks ago =] It didn't hurt, just felt a little weird but was over in like 15 minutes! After I felt great, as ythough I'd done a really good deed! Of course I would do it again, it saves lives.
Reply 5
Yep, next time the blood bus thing is round my way. I have no problem with it.
Reply 6
I have, and I will probably do so again later this year.
My parents both do and i think id like to aswell! It's a good cause!
Reply 8
hopefully not!
haha I currently don't weigh enough, I'm 105 pounds and you have to be at least 110 (in the US), so I won't be doing so unless I gain some weight (hopefully not)
Reply 9
been meaning to get round to that for a while now so to answer the question, yes i will.
Reply 10
Yes. I recently signed up at the www.blood.co.uk website, now considering my first donation.
Reply 11
I have three times, but last time they missed my vein and poked around my bicep with the needle, it was not pleasant. I probably wont go again.
Reply 12
ashy
Yes. I recently signed up at the www.blood.co.uk website, now considering my first donation.

Well done mate, it's a good cause.

I'm not 18 yet. :frown:
i would but since i've been old enough, i've always failed in one of the criteria
Yeeeeep, done and done.

Interesting point - guys who have had oral/anal sex with other guys (even if it was protected) are not allowed to give blood, full stop...
Reply 15
Been there, done it, fainted!

Now there is a note on my file every time I go back! Doh!
Not any time soon.
Reply 17
I keep meaning to-I just need a push in the right direction. Im 17, can I even do it yet?
Reply 18
Family and close friends course I would. Not trying to sound harsh though but I hate the idea of it. But if my family needed anything off me that was donatable I would without hestitation.
I will as soon as I'm allowed to (:

Latest

Trending

Trending