Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im just interested, or maybe you want to be paid for it, or youll only give it to family members

i used to and i will do again when i an eligible for it. there was a huge thread on it somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, probably.

ReputationRep:
    Yep will do when I can.

ReputationRep:
    I gave blood three weeks ago =] It didn't hurt, just felt a little weird but was over in like 15 minutes! After I felt great, as ythough I'd done a really good deed! Of course I would do it again, it saves lives.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, next time the blood bus thing is round my way. I have no problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    I have, and I will probably do so again later this year.

ReputationRep:
    My parents both do and i think id like to aswell! It's a good cause!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully not!
    haha I currently don't weigh enough, I'm 105 pounds and you have to be at least 110 (in the US), so I won't be doing so unless I gain some weight (hopefully not)

ReputationRep:
    been meaning to get round to that for a while now so to answer the question, yes i will.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I recently signed up at the www.blood.co.uk website, now considering my first donation.

ReputationRep:
    I have three times, but last time they missed my vein and poked around my bicep with the needle, it was not pleasant. I probably wont go again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Yes. I recently signed up at the www.blood.co.uk website, now considering my first donation.
    Well done mate, it's a good cause.

I'm not 18 yet.

ReputationRep:
    i would but since i've been old enough, i've always failed in one of the criteria

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeep, done and done.

Interesting point - guys who have had oral/anal sex with other guys (even if it was protected) are not allowed to give blood, full stop...

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done it, fainted!

Now there is a note on my file every time I go back! Doh!

ReputationRep:
    Not any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    I keep meaning to-I just need a push in the right direction. Im 17, can I even do it yet?

ReputationRep:
    Family and close friends course I would. Not trying to sound harsh though but I hate the idea of it. But if my family needed anything off me that was donatable I would without hestitation.

ReputationRep:
    I will as soon as I'm allowed to (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.