Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who can should give blood.

I have 4 times now Started as soon as I was 17.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few times.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to but I can't because of medical problems and all the drugs I'm on I don't think they'd let me I'm quite disappointed really as I think it is such a good thing to do!

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably the only one to say this - but it really does drain you (no pun intended!). I did it once less than a weak ago and seeing as I'm very active I was aware of being tired out over doing little things. I'm recovering now and I think my iron levels are okay - but i wouldn't do it again unless it's the holidays. I got a headache too - but that was only because I was dehydrated.

By all means do it, I was just aware of losing blood quite suddenly. And there's the scratch. But the nurses were nice, and you get free biscuits. And saving a life, of course

ReputationRep:
    I can't give blood, so no.

ReputationRep:
    I really do plan to at some point, but i've just never got round to it.

I feel like i should donate some bone marrow as well, but i'm not too keen on hospitals and stuff. I'll have to give that one some more thought.

ReputationRep:
    I will do once I'm 18.

Roll on August 30th!

ReputationRep:
    i would, but i'm a wuss

needle sticking into my arm sihoning off my precious blood?:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I really really want to. I've been thinking about it a lot recently. Its something I really want to do but I'm a complete needlephobe, and I mean really bad, as in writing this message is making me feel very scared and paranoid and ill.... I really don't know how to overcome it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm not 18 yet.
    You can start from 17

I've done it twice, next time booked in november, only twice because I'd had various piercings/tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    I do.

ReputationRep:
    I have a few times and will keep on doing it. Its not particularly pleasant but it does seem like a small sacrifice to make if it helps someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    I really really want to. I've been thinking about it a lot recently. Its something I really want to do but I'm a complete needlephobe, and I mean really bad, as in writing this message is making me feel very scared and paranoid and ill.... I really don't know how to overcome it.
    i couldn't help but notice the irony of you being a member of the needlework club and having a phobia of needles :p:

on topic: i really want to give blood but i'm underweight

ReputationRep:
    Not allowed, so I don't have to decide whether I would if I was allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    i couldn't help but notice the irony of you being a member of the needlework club and having a phobia of needles :p:

on topic: i really want to give blood but i'm underweight
    Haha I see, yeah not sewing needles or knitting needles. Needles that go in your body... :puke: I'm not that scared of the actual needle, nor the pain (I HATE it when someone says 'Oh it doesn't hurt!') Its nothing to do with pain, its just the thought of it. I can look at a needle and it does make me feel queasy because of the thought of it but its not really the needle that scares me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know that I'm not old enough but I am a right pussy and needles scare the **** out of me. I wouldn't even donate my organs, I would rather be buried with my body intact and with my loved ones throwing themselves into my grave begging the lord to take them instead. But anyhoo...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would, but I can't

ReputationRep:
    I would, as soon as i weigh enough -.-

I think its the best thing you can do, along wiht being an organ doner, Ive been one since i was 12 =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I will do once I'm 18.

Roll on August 30th!
    You only have to be 17!

ReputationRep:
    I did but she messed up and didn't put the needle in far enough and so it really hurt and didn't bleed properly, even so I would again but I'm not allowed for another 2 years at least =[

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.