Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeiou81)
    Hehe don't be scared!! It was a bit nervy the first time, but they put you so so much at ease, and if it's you're first time I'm sure they'll be extra-careful too! The actual blood giving bit takes at most 15 minutes - if you haven't given a pint by then they take whatever you've given - and the feeling afterwards that you've saved someone's life is great plus if you really don't like it then at least you can say you tried but it wasn't for you. Go for it, good luck! :yes:
    Ooh alright then I will! Thank you for the encouragement and everything

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=aeiou81]When the nurse put the needle in she did a bit of a rubbishy job so blood spurted everywhere! The donation went fine, but now I have an EPIC bruise on my arm. It's not painful, it's just where the blood has leaked under the skin - they tell you to put pressure on it afterwards to prevent this (and while I was doing this the nurse answered a phone call, so instead of two minutes it was at least 5 minutes of pressure) but obviously it didn't work this time. The bruise itself is quite a distance from the wound, not in the area I put pressure on though. Arm still hurts a bit too, but it'll recover.

To anyone who is scared/not doing it: JUST DO IT! Seriously, it's not that bad [QUOTE]

For someone trying to advertise it, you sure made it sound like Hell, lol.

Btw why do you have 'ego' in 'quod ego dico' ? it's made kinda redundant because of the 'dico' :p:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. As soon as they can find a vein in my arm to use .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Ooh alright then I will! Thank you for the encouragement and everything
    :hugs: no problem, good luck and have fun!

And :woo: I swear there should be some kind of bonus if you convince a friend :cool:

(Original post by Altruistic1)
    For someone trying to advertise it, you sure made it sound like Hell, lol.

Btw why do you have 'ego' in 'quod ego dico' ? it's made kinda redundant because of the 'dico' :p:
    Haha I'm trying to be honest

I know, but with the ego it's more emphatic and also because then it makes QED = quod erat demonstrandum, it's like a really lame maths joke. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur_de_haine)
    I have done in the past, but my penchant for buggery exludes me now.
    *Monocle pops out*

ReputationRep:
    probably will

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to and went a few months ago but they could get blood from me because my veins weren't big enough. I was gutted I have wanted to give blood since I was old enough but couldn't due to medication. I was on my six monthly break so went down to be told that

ReputationRep:
    I'm a regular donor, I give blood 3 times a year - weirdly it's getting more difficult though! First few times I went, it felt totally fine, but the last few times, the staff have been horrible, it's been painful (due to the crappy staff) and has made me feel really ill, which isn't good I'll always keep giving blood though God willing, it's vitally important. I think everybody should.

ReputationRep:
    I was told my blood was too rubbish to put it bluntly xD
    I carry a donor card though.

ReputationRep:
    Yussss.... go every time i can to donateeee

ReputationRep:
    I would love to give blood but im gay

ReputationRep:
    I want to but a) I'm not old enough and b) I'm anaemic.

ReputationRep:
    i reaaally want too, and i keep going to the damn blood drives.. the first few times i was recovering from bulimia so i was underweight, then i'd been to malaria countries so couldn't, then i was anaemic. they seriously don't want my blood haha

ReputationRep:
    I think I will be giving blood soon, if they allow me to. I have a feeling I'm blood group O.

ReputationRep:
    I will when i'm old enough (:

But i had a blood test about 7months ago, and they took 9 tubes of blood and they all went into the same tub with my name labelled on it ... and when i went to my GP three weeks later to get the results he wondered why there were only 3 tubes of my blood tested ... this left me wondering where my other 6 tubes went ... i could of already given blood, who knows!

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    I did give blood around a year ago, but my stupid body couldn't pump out enough and I only managed a half pint!
    The next time I tried to give blood I had a cold and so couldn't do it. I'm planning to attempt again though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I will, but I hate the feeling of needles inside me :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I will but a pint of blood is too much..makes me feel bit faint

ReputationRep:
    Definitely would and have been meaning to for a while...

But I'm not sure they'd let me, in fact I would be surprised if they did.

I've recently lived in South Africa, one of the highest AIDS areas in the world.
    I've had problems in the past with low blood pressure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.