Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here is still genuinely chasing their dreams? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As opposed to settling for a 9 to 5 or whatever?

I mean, I am getting a 9 to 5 but I'm going to a music college to pursue my dream of becoming a record producer. Who else is chasing the big time....or even just their dream job? Have you sacrificed an easier career for a shot at what you really want to do?

I'm on the first step of what I hope will be a journey to the top of the music industry, or damn close. What are all your stories?

Well, it's gonna be a long time before I ever achieve my dreams. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Move to Compton?

ReputationRep:
    when I was like three, I wanted to be a lawyer because my mum said I would live a rich and happy life. I gave up on this idea untill about last year where I decided it kind of fitted with my subject interests etc. I'm not sure if this counts though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 18, i do sure hope that all of my hopes, dreams and ambitions for the remainder of my [hopefully] long life arent quashed already.
    Obviously uni is a step in the right direction, i want to be paid to write for TV. Thats the dream right there.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. I had dreams when I was 5, different ones at 10 and I have different ones again now. I've given up on becoming a cowboy, and on becoming a footballer and my more realistic dream is to get a high paying job. So in a way, yes, I am genuinely chasing my dream.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely me, never wavered. Not succeeding is not an option .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well, it's gonna be a long time before I ever achieve my dreams. :love:
    I'm sure you will go to Oxbridge one day.

If you don't, i'll buy you a free train ticket so you can visit the place. :ninja: :p:

(Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    Absolutely me, never wavered. Not succeeding is not an option .
    THERE IS NO PLAN B

ReputationRep:
    I am. Though im not gonna lie, i keep coming to close to giving up.

ReputationRep:
    Studying Transplantation Science, hopefully leading to a career in Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics (basically the genetics-y things connected to transplants. Rejection, immuno suppression etc.).

Whoever eliminates rejection in transplant organs is bound to get a nobel prize, so with a bit of luck, maybe I'll get there. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm sure you will go to Uxbridge one day.

:
    Corrected for you

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any dreams or ambitions. Is that bad?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wonder whether I will ever achieve my dreams

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a dream. So I have already succeeded.

I am! But i'm very idealistic; some would call me delusional :woo:

However, i have as of yet not achieved my AS results. This year is what determines my future. And the year after that. And the year after that. And after that. And after that. And after that. And after. And maybe the year after that.

ReputationRep:
    I only wish I HAD a dream job in mind I have no idea what I want to do.

ReputationRep:
    100% I want to own and run a garage selling and restoring classic cars and doing arrive and drive packages.

Already looking at how to achieve my dreams, have done some work towards it too

ReputationRep:
    Kind of :/

alot of my friends arent going to uni and get a steady 9-5 job ( dont blame them to be honest ! ) but childrens nursing is something ive alwayssss wanted to do so just have to keep working at it i guess

ReputationRep:
    :yep: planning and writing goals down so i don't forget...but getting to a top uni is one of the first steps towards my dreams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.