Turn on thread page Beta

Who here is still genuinely chasing their dreams? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    I'm only 18, i do sure hope that all of my hopes, dreams and ambitions for the remainder of my [hopefully] long life arent quashed already.
    Obviously uni is a step in the right direction, i want to be paid to write for TV. Thats the dream right there.

This. Good luck to you - also what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    About to take the first step - moving to London next month to start at Saint Martins and see if I can't make something of myself in the fashion industry. It's going to be exceedingly difficult but I've never felt more determined or prepared to do something.

ReputationRep:
    *Cliche coming up*

Dream= Wanting to be a doctor/surgeon....slowly getting there.

ReputationRep:
    dreams are for suckers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    As opposed to settling for a 9 to 5 or whatever?

I mean, I am getting a 9 to 5 but I'm going to a music college to pursue my dream of becoming a record producer. Who else is chasing the big time....or even just their dream job? Have you sacrificed an easier career for a shot at what you really want to do?

I'm on the first step of what I hope will be a journey to the top of the music industry, or damn close. What are all your stories?
    I eventually wana work in a hospital in the labs. Might not seem like a dream job to most people but I want it so bad :bigsmile:

I'm interested in a career which combines with research too, but as of yet I'm not 100% sure what position I want.

I've just finished uni and got my first ever job within about 2 weeks - plus it's in science so that's a bonus - but I'm not gona settle for this job, I'm already looking for new jobs which would put me in a better position to achieve the career I want.

It might take a few years to be on track but it'll be so worth it :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    dreams are for suckers.
    Not for the ones who turn them into reality.

ReputationRep:
    About to start the career/life I've wanted as long as I've known what jobs are.

If that wasn't good enough, I beat off about 500 other people for the spot, too.

So, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Not for the ones who turn them into reality.
    Then there are those who dont reach them, fall into depression, start drinking or commit suicide.

How many do you think actually achieve their dreams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    Then there are those who dont reach them, fall into depression, start drinking or commit suicide.

How many do you think actually achieve their dreams...
    It's all in the coping. If you fail, you pick yourself up and try again.

Not many, but for me personally, it's worth the shot.

ReputationRep:
    I gave up because I failed my A levels.

Well, when Africa collapses, I'll be there, with my rifle and my land rover, claiming my land :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayel)
    This. Good luck to you - also what course are you doing?
    Thankyou :proud:

Erm, Film and Television Studies.

How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterMD)
    Yeah same, I couldn't really give a **** about being rich. Obviously I'm aiming to have enough money to not be constrained by everything that requires money.
    My aim is to not be the typical guy/girl by ******* around till im 29, start dreading being alone so marrying the best person I can find within a 10 mile radius, settling down, having 2.4 children, and then just stealing oxygen till I die.
    I've got a few things I've been thinking about, and I've got a final destination in mind; I just need to look really hard for the path, and start walking I guess. At the moment you could say I've just found my shoes :P
    pretentious w4nker :tumble:

ReputationRep:
    ^^^Lol.

Harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam'kay)
    pretentious w4nker :tumble:
    lol :P well glad you enjoyed my comment. Im guessing its because I summed up your life plans in two lines, and though it sounded great in your head; on paper it just makes you realise what a waste of space you're likely going to be. I think a great way of reversing climate change would be to ram a cork down you're throat. Think about it. Or not..whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    If that wasn't good enough, I beat off about 500 other people for the spot, too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I wont give up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing English LIterature, want to develop my writing skills as much as possible while at Uni and hopefully get my foot in the door

Still a year left to go until that happens. If it doens't then I'll just do Law :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)

ReputationRep:
    My "dreams" change with time in reaction to new circumstances. I dunno what I want to do now, but a First/2.i in my degree would be a good start.

ReputationRep:
    Fine, ok, slightly unfortunate choice of phrase there :rolleyes:

"I was in competition with at least 500 other people and won"?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.