Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am, to an extent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterMD)
    lol :P well glad you enjoyed my comment. Im guessing its because I summed up your life plans in two lines, and though it sounded great in your head; on paper it just makes you realise what a waste of space you're likely going to be. I think a great way of reversing climate change would be to ram a cork down you're throat. Think about it. Or not..whatever
    Don't understand that.
    My dream is to find a sexy soul mate, and just enjoy each day as it comes; the simple pleasures contained within. I want to also build a comprehensive picture/understanding of 20th Century Europe by reading and reading and reading as a hobby.
    Wealth and money are not the same thing btw.

ReputationRep:
    I still very much want to study medicine. I love everything surrounding the subject so I would be devastated if I didn't get a place. I haven't even started A Levels so I'm pretty nervous as to how I will get on...

ReputationRep:
    yep i declined 4 of my offers to do accounting to do a course which will help me and give me the opportunity to set up my own business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    About to start the career/life I've wanted as long as I've known what jobs are.

If that wasn't good enough, I beat off about 500 other people for the spot, too.

So, yes.
    Had no idea it was that competitive. How many of the 500 are serious applicants??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
    I still very much want to study medicine. I love everything surrounding the subject so I would be devastated if I didn't get a place. I haven't even started A Levels so I'm pretty nervous as to how I will get on...
    Read my signature BISH.

ReputationRep:
    I am

Albeit fighting the demons along the way, but I'm not gonna give up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam'kay)
    Had no idea it was that competitive. How many of the 500 are serious applicants??

It's roughly 500 [give or take - these were the numbers handed down to me, figure maybe a 10-20% boost to make themselves feel important] that go to the 4 day selection. Of them they'll pick about 15.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    From this september I've made a decision to start working extra hard and fulfill all my dreams one at a time, starting by writing them down with a timeline on when they should be achieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin02)
    Music Producer, I will be there gimme 3 years, the last time I had posted a track here in TSR and I had over 100 downloads which is a good start.

LETS GO.
    Shall we team up and take over the world brah?

ReputationRep:
    im never gonna give up on my dreams

Still chasing it, whether or not I achieve my dream is another thing. Always wanted to be a pilot (since my first flight when I was 10) so I'm applying for an RAF scholarship just now and if that doesn't go ahead I'll probably see about applying for graduate-entry pilot programmes with a few airlines. If that doesn't work then I'll go on and be an engineer which would still be immensely satisfying and fulfilling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well, it's gonna be a long time before I ever achieve my dreams. :love:
    Epic video in your sig.

ReputationRep:
    I don't dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam'kay)
    Don't understand that.
    My dream is to find a sexy soul mate, and just enjoy each day as it comes; the simple pleasures contained within. I want to also build a comprehensive picture/understanding of 20th Century Europe by reading and reading and reading as a hobby.
    Wealth and money are not the same thing btw.
    Lol, I didn't say they were the same thing...ever..:P If you're going to try to make your post seem more profound than it actually is, try using a proverb that can actually relate to the topic at hand. You might as well have said 'a stich in time saves nine' you dopey ****.

On a side note, sounds like a good dream. Though we've been *****ing at each other for over two posts now, and are therefore mortal enemies...good luck :P

ReputationRep:
    I have no need to chase mine, I have discovered that if I just wait, they tend to fall into place by themselves...

ReputationRep:
    chasing isnt really the right word, my dreams will come to me!
    plus that fact i rarely make plans to do anything more than a few days ahead, i have no idea what i will be doing this time next year, nor do i want to know.
    what i do know is that one day i will be running the family farm, and i will put my all into it... where i end up in between now and then is irrelevant

ReputationRep:
    Only squares aspire to achieve things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm practically un suited to real life xD
    whenever at school teachers asked everyone what they wished to do there were answers such as,
    "nurse","teacher" and then when it came to me I just went blank...any occupation I take on will rely on chance.I hope to become a musician,writer or something similar as i'm aspie and nothing else really appeals...
    I think uni and starting a band are my main starting points currently...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.