Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Who here is still genuinely chasing their dreams? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamsterMD)
    Lol, I didn't say they were the same thing...ever..:P If you're going to try to make your post seem more profound than it actually is, try using a proverb that can actually relate to the topic at hand. You might as well have said 'a stich in time saves nine' you dopey ****.

On a side note, sounds like a good dream. Though we've been *****ing at each other for over two posts now, and are therefore mortal enemies...good luck :P
    Well those are the rules of the internet unfortunately.
    For me to be victorious I shall eat humble pie:
    My dear hamster, I was ignorant and misguided in my previous post. I suck.
    Yours,
    Internet Leper

ReputationRep:

One day.

One day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's roughly 500 [give or take - these were the numbers handed down to me, figure maybe a 10-20% boost to make themselves feel important] that go to the 4 day selection. Of them they'll pick about 15.
    That's pretty impressive. So, out of interest, is there a typical type of person who gets thru? Is it young graduates from good unis or what?

ReputationRep:
    I gave up long ago on dreams I had :sad:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm aiming for my dreams admittedly my dreams keep moving closer to the normal 9 to 5 kind of stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam'kay)
    That's pretty impressive. So, out of interest, is there a typical type of person who gets thru? Is it young graduates from good unis or what?
    There's no set type. There are basic requirements and certain tests that prospective applicants must pass, but there's no one type of person better suited to it than any other.

And you don't need a degree. Even less a "good uni".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathan2010)
    I don't have any dreams or ambitions. Is that bad?
    Me neither. I want to be happy, get married, have children, maybe live abroad and have a high-paying salary. But those aren't dreams in the sense that they are wholly unattainable, as lots of people enjoy these things. With regards to my future, I have no idea what I want to be when I'm older but I'm only 18.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. Hopefully in 12 days I will have acheived step 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    THERE IS NO PLAN B
    It simply doesn't exist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's always been my dream to be a game developer. I wouldn't say I'm really chasing it anymore because I start work with a game development company next month

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue what my dreams are anymore ha ha!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah why not? Hopefully in 12 days time it'll be the first step

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    Me neither. I want to be happy, get married, have children, maybe live abroad and have a high-paying salary. But those aren't dreams in the sense that they are wholly unattainable, as lots of people enjoy these things. With regards to my future, I have no idea what I want to be when I'm older but I'm only 18.

But do you not have some vision of what being happy will entail, what sort of wedding/life/situation you will have when these things happen in your mind?

I may be idealist but I think that pretty much everything you want is achievable, as long as you don't want to be president of cuba or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeksandtherest)
    From this september I've made a decision to start working extra hard and fulfill all my dreams one at a time, starting by writing them down with a timeline on when they should be achieved.
    Building a time-line is actually a really effective way to do things, you can start by mapping out the major milestones and then give yourself little milestones along the way so you know you're making progress along the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    I'm on the first step of what I hope will be a journey to the top of the music industry, or damn close. What are all your stories?
    My long term plan is to start my own NGO. I'm procrastinating a bit, but I'm still working on towards it, albeit on a somewhat indirect route.

Or failing that I'd quite like to be involved in another "change the world" type of project.

ReputationRep:
    4 months until I achieve my dream.

ReputationRep:
    My dream is to become a successful Solicitor and work for a large, well known firm, and yeah, I'm still chasing it. I will find out how achievable it is on A-level results day depending whether I have got into Uni or not :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meeeeeee it going to take me years and cost me around 50k but ill get there in the end

ReputationRep:
    My dream is to travel about a bit. So, if a nine to five job provides the cash for such an endeavour, then that's part of the drean, rather than the alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vertigo)
    But do you not have some vision of what being happy will entail, what sort of wedding/life/situation you will have when these things happen in your mind?

I may be idealist but I think that pretty much everything you want is achievable, as long as you don't want to be president of cuba or something
    Yep the Law of Attraction.

I have a vague sense of what being happy will entail.....happiness. You can't dictate at this age what will make you happy in the future. Now I might think that a big white London wedding will make me happy but in the future a small wedding filled with close family on some Italian beach might be even better. The same with jobs. I don't know how I'll feel when I'm older so I'm just gonna say I wanna be happy. And rich of course.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.