Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here is still genuinely chasing their dreams? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm boring, a 9-5 is my dream lol And I am still chasing by going back to uni that cos I chose the wrong degree All I want really is to have a nice secure permanent job that's pays... at least average. Boring I know!

(Original post by Sprockette)
    Well I'm boring, a 9-5 is my dream lol And I am still chasing by going back to uni that cos I chose the wrong degree All I want really is to have a nice secure permanent job that's pays... at least average. Boring I know!
    Well one pro of this is that at least it's realistic! I'm sure you'll get there! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Well one pro of this is that at least it's realistic! I'm sure you'll get there! :p:
    I think I will, my major plans seem to swell up in a week though lol But they are all realistic, that's good. All I want is a house, money and security, not in a £100k+ way because that's not realistic. And my dreams have to be realistic, otherwise to me they're not worth chasing!

ReputationRep:
    I am, and putting everything into it.

I know otherwise I will always regret and wonder "what if", and also because I want it so much I have to do everything I can do increase the chances, etc!

ReputationRep:
    my dream in terms of work is a easy 9 to 5 with good money so yeah I am chasing it i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm sure you will go to Oxbridge one day.

If you don't, i'll buy you a free train ticket so you can visit the place. :ninja: :p:
    How do you BUY a FREE ticket?:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    How do you BUY a FREE ticket?:p:
    I BUY it and pay.

Give it to im so academic for FREE.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I BUY it and pay.

Give it to im so academic for FREE.

:woo:
    I know. I was only messing. It's because my friend's being a whiney *****.

ReputationRep:
    to be a very successful business person through my own finance buisness?

This is still my goal. But, as i become older and more cynical i am realising it aint gonna be easy...but i still wanna have my own business just because it is a million times more dignified than working for somebody else. I am being absloutely genuine when i say that i'd rather make a modest 20k a year running my own business and working on my own terms than be on 100k sucking some manager's **** for 5 weeks holiday a year.

so whilst i still want the business...and believe i can have that....my ''dream'' has been scaled down somewhat simply for reasons of being realistic......i'll probably end up being middle class at best but that's good enough for me. if i did become an industry leader that would be nice but it's unlikely

i think having too ambitious dreams can, unless they come true (which they dopnt for 99.9999%), lead to feelings of inadequacy and depression in later life

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm still chasing my dream.
    Well, I still have plans to chase my dream anyway!
    I can't really start it until I've quit Uni, but I'm sticking to it like charged plates to some kind of particle or other

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, I guess I am but nobody in the student room is helping me out about it, I just signed in a couple of weeks ago and sent a message to who ever I think!, just asking which is the best Uni to start Film studies in London.

Im not really sure how this forum works but hey ill keep searching the details to get the hang of it.

can someone send me a big list of the Top Ten Uni for film studies.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know what my dreams are, so I'm just going to say yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.