Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone know of state colleges offering a-level intensive course watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title asks, does anyone know of any London colleges which offer one year intensive courses (bio, chem, psychology) without such high fees like $16K etc.... or perhaps any colleges with a lower fee of $5k or something....??

And is it really true that only the private ones get the best gradess :-s

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingu09)
    As the title asks, does anyone know of any London colleges which offer one year intensive courses (bio, chem, psychology) without such high fees like $16K etc.... or perhaps any colleges with a lower fee of $5k or something....??

Thanks!!
    can;;t really, the best retake college is MPW isn't it but that costs quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    MidKent College, Kent.
    http://www.midkent.ac.uk

Regards,

Benjamin.

ReputationRep:
    Thankss...

Also, if I done my subjects with a different exam board eg. OCR, does it have to be the same or can it be different....most colleges are offering biology and chemistry from edexcel :-s... are different exam boards harder etc?

ReputationRep:

Thanks!!
    Hello,

City of Wesminster College in Maida Vale, London offers one year intensive A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. :yes:

It is a state FE college which means you wont have to pay private tuition fees unlike MPW, Harris Campbell College, etc.

Midkent College is in Kent!!!:eek:

If you are receiving state benefits then youll only have to pay 30 pounds enrollment fee.

They are still accepting applications so hurry up. Enrollment days are on: 27th and 28th August 2009.

Here is the application form that you need to download and send: http://www.cwc.ac.uk/assets_cm/files...ormweb0910.pdf

Good luck. Hope that helps.

Are you applying for Pharmacy, right?

ReputationRep:
    Thankss...

Also, if I done my subjects with a different exam board eg. OCR, does it have to be the same or can it be different....most colleges are offering biology and chemistry from edexcel :-s... are different exam boards harder etc?
    CWC (City of Westminster College) teaches Biology using OCR specification and uses Edexcel for Chemistry. I dont know about Psychology.

I heard Edexcel is 'easier' now coz you get multiple choice questions in the exam!!!

ReputationRep:
    :-) Thank you soo much!!

Yeh I'm applying for pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    :-) Thank you soo much!!

Yeh I'm applying for pharmacy.
    Hey I just saw this post of yours. What did you end up doing just out of interest? I ask cos I think I might need to do GCE intensive so your journey would be interesting and relevant to hear =)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a free college that I can do my alevel intensive courses at?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.