Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a part time job to help with college funds and some spare cash for myself, any ideas where to start ? I handed out several C.V's last year but did not get a single reply. I got 11 A*-Bs and my A-levels didn't go too bad. Any ideas ? I'm looking for something like Argos or retail Mcdonalds etc.

ReputationRep:
    I work at Curry's, and I'l be off to Uni soon. But I would say if there is one near you, apply there. It's good fun, learn alot, and meet some great people (work mates but also customer's). So glad I turned down Mcdonalds....

Cant help you with games sorry

ReputationRep:
    I cant help with question one im afraid, but just putting this out there for question 2 - no part time jobs you are considering getting give a toss what GCSE grades you got.

ReputationRep:
    You need to give out/post as many CV's as possible. I'd say 30-40 minimum to have good chances. Keep your eye on the websites of supermarkets/chain stores as something may pop up when you least expect it.
    As around, you may find a friend/family friend has something going that would suit you.

Grades mean nothing to managers, as its been said already - its all about getting yourself out there and looking cheery/confident.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.