Turn on thread page Beta

Guy at work? Should i let him know i like him? watch

Please keep anon or delete thanks.

So there is this guy at work. We often had eye contact before and we finally got to talk on saturday. I was working with his team cause we were short staffed. I was stuck on a problem and was really helpful trying to help me. Now that were back in to work and everyone is back to work, i wont be with his team anymore.

I just don't know if he kinda likes me, like he went out of his way to help me and i did catch him staring at me a few times. I have his email but i was thinking it would be a bit stalkerish to try and email him :eek: but i dont really get a time to chat due to different shifts/lunches.

Do you think i should leave it and hope he'll ask me out sometime or should i drop him a slight less creepy email about possibly meeting up after work as a friends thing? I dont want him scared if he thinks its a date! I don't really think it will be that akward as im soon finishing up anyway!

Thanks for any ideas!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you know what you want to do :awesome:

Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Invite him for a drink after work, if you need an excuse, say it's to thank him for his help the other day :awesome:

(Original post by Antimatter)
    Invite him for a drink after work, if you need an excuse, say it's to thank him for his help the other day :awesome:
    Cool, thanks and you think it would be okay to send him a little email? He works really close to where i work..:o: just still don't get anytime to talk to him? it wont sound a bit creepy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cool, thanks and you think it would be okay to send him a little email? He works really close to where i work..:o: just still don't get anytime to talk to him? it wont sound a bit creepy?
    Yeah, send him a little email! little being the key word!

(Original post by Emily069)
    Yeah, send him a little email! little being the key word!
    thanks think i might put it like "was thinking if you wanted to go for a drink after work, would be nice to meet more of the people in here and make up for helping last week, what ya reckon?" i think that would sound okay?!

ReputationRep:
    thanks think i might put it like "was thinking if you wanted to go for a drink after work, would be nice to meet more of the people in here and make up for helping last week, what ya reckon?" i think that would sound okay?!
    Yeah, definitely! Try and use correct spelling and grammar though!

thanks for that emily, will hopefully email him tomorrow if im brave enough! thanks again!!

ReputationRep:
    this situation is deja vu for me. I'd go for it, he'll probably be flattered if you sent an email...don't make the mistake I did and wait until one of you leaves.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that emily, will hopefully email him tomorrow if im brave enough! thanks again!!
    You neg repped me :'( :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think you shouldnt email him!! either go up to him face-to-face and talk to him or forget it. Because emailing is definitely stalkerish when you havent talk to the person properly. What if he doesnt even see you that way? Looking at someone doesn't mean they like u! it can mean they're so bored that they're day dreaming.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.