Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I expect a detailed analysis when the results are announced, with lists of honourable mentions and percentage of votes.
    Just like the General Election but with Andy Gray's 'awesome' arrows on a football pitch with his Sky machine. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    :dry: Alright, you'll get top 3, percentage breakdowns and honourable mentions.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Just like the General Election but with Andy Gray's 'awesome' arrows on a football pitch with his Sky machine. :rolleyes:
    A general election covered by sky sports would be fantastic. Gray's angry rantings after any borough that didn't go the way he wanted it to, Jamie Redknapp rapidly changing sides every 5 minutes, and Jeff Stelling there to provide "sex appeal". :teeth:

ReputationRep:

A general election covered by sky sports would be fantastic. Gray's angry rantings after any borough that didn't go the way he wanted it to, Jamie Redknapp rapidly changing sides every 5 minutes, and Jeff Stelling there to provide "sex appeal".
    Any disastrous by-elections that resulted in Labour losing by a big swing will inspire Chris Camara, "Unbelievable Jeff!"

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how even I spend a fair bit of time on here I have no clue who the best debater is. I think most of the regulars are good debaters really. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think generally the more threads you post in, the better you get at debating. It's only the few people who stick rigidly to their society that are pretty one-dimensional at it.

ReputationRep:
    It would be interesting to know the demographic of voters, ie the team they support as it will have an impact on the votes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    It would be interesting to know the demographic of voters, ie the team they support as it will have an impact on the votes.
    In all honesty, I've been well impressed by how little that was the case. Obviously I can't reveal anything as members' votes have to be kept confidential, but it definitely hasn't been a case of Arsenal fans voting for Arsenal posters, Liverpool fans voting for Liverpool posters and so on.

Back to your earlier question, no clues but, following on from what Mastermind' has just said, the highest number of votes any person has received in the Frank Lampard Award is just 2, despite it being in the top 3 most votes on awards! I've stuck all the data in Excel and the number of votes just stretches right across the page. At this right, there'll be about 10 people tied in 2nd place! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    if there's speculation about rigging will you open up the ballots for everyone to see :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    You don't really want WHW to see that you voted for him as Best Female, do you? :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    An award is an award. It also means I'm ingrained in people's consciousness.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I've been well impressed by how little that was the case. Obviously I can't reveal anything as members' votes have to be kept confidential, but it definitely hasn't been a case of Arsenal fans voting for Arsenal posters, Liverpool fans voting for Liverpool posters and so on.
    I'm not surprised in the slightest, frankly.

Things are very different to how they were, when it was an extremely unapproachable forum and virtually elitist in its own way.

Some people don't like that. But mere dislike is not usually enough to prevent the tide of more intellectual progress . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I'm not surprised in the slightest, frankly.

Things are very different to how they were, when it was an extremely unapproachable forum and virtually elitist in its own way.

Some people don't like that. But mere dislike is not usually enough to prevent the tide of more intellectual progress . . .
    :yep:

I also have one or two ideas, proposals to the powers that be, in the pipeline which would only accelerate the death of the elitism and intensify the intermingling of members and friendly nature of the forum. I'll try to catch you on MSN sometime!

---

The Andrei Arshavin Award seems to have founds its winner already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    An award is an award. It also means I'm ingrained in people's consciousness.

:cool:
    Will you put it in your sig if you win best female? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

I also have one or two ideas, proposals to the powers that be, in the pipeline which would only accelerate the death of the elitism and intensify the intermingling of members and friendly nature of the forum. I'll try to catch you on MSN sometime!
    Exxxxxxxcccccccccellent.

I charge heavily for my time and advice. :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Panthalic, any chance of full clarification of all your votes, please? :cute:
    You didn't expect me to do it properly did you?

Fine. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused. Are we nominating people who should go on the polls or actually voting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    You didn't expect me to do it properly did you?

Fine. :dry:
    Heh Thanks! These ones are far more comprehensible :cute:

(Original post by farhan)
    I'm confused. Are we nominating people who should go on the polls or actually voting?
    Actually voting, and these are final!

ReputationRep:
    when's my victory parade

ReputationRep:
    Will you put it in your sig if you win best female? :p:
    :rolleyes:

I'd be mocking myself and WHW only mocks others. Besides, I don't think it'd be deserving of a place in my sig. I have been tempted to put in Stevie G's 'pro-active self-defence' but there must be something better out there, someone who will sooner or later come up with an absolute beast of a comment. I'm patient. I'm ready to pounce as and when and install a new sig-worthy comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    :rolleyes:

I'd be mocking myself and WHW only mocks others. Besides, I don't think it'd be deserving of a place in my sig. I have been tempted to put in Stevie G's 'pro-active self-defence' but there must be something better out there, someone who will sooner or later come up with an absolute beast of a comment. I'm patient. I'm ready to pounce as and when and install a new sig-worthy comment.
    Plus you know that if you did include that comment, someone else will just include yours where you thought that it was a real term.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.