Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Loser

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Stu comes down the outside rail with a very late contender post of the year...

ReputationRep:
    I am still hoping for an announcement of the results, or at least some preview teasers after midders tonight

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, Ronaldo VII's simple crumble post on the Arsenal Soc a couple of months would have won post of the year easily just for the amount of hatred and bile it kicked up, had it not been deleted.

ReputationRep:
    You mean the image of the crumble? This was done back and forth between Pool, United and Arsenal fans for the best part of 2 years. Many of them remained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    You mean the image of the crumble? This was done back and forth between Pool, United and Arsenal fans for the best part of 2 years. Many of them remained.
    Oh yeah, I know that. It was the fact that given that it had been done to each other for several years, you wouldn't expect that it could have generated such rage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Stevo)
    Stu comes down the outside rail with a very late contender post of the year...
    I withdraw my statement

:bebored:

ReputationRep:
    If there was a post of the year, it could only be Robbie's rant about Tony Pulis' selection policy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=5471

ReputationRep:
    RobbieC still has some teenage angst in him.

ReputationRep:
    I thought crumble was between United and Arsenal fans.. given it was y'know Arsenal who crumbled. Did Liverpool fans actually bite?

Also, RobbieC has two posts declaring he is most definitely not WUM...

ReputationRep:
    I thought crumble was between United and Arsenal fans.. given it was y'know Arsenal who crumbled. Did Liverpool fans actually bite?

Also, RobbieC has two posts declaring he is most definitely not WUM...
    It was between United and Arsenal fans, but then we transferred this over to Liverpool, who suffered a crumble, not significant but a crumble nevertheless, last season. It was a smaller portion of crumble pie last season *I think*. You'd have to ask Ronaldo VII tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    It was between United and Arsenal fans, but then we transferred this over to Liverpool, who suffered a crumble, not significant but a crumble nevertheless, last season. It was a smaller portion of crumble pie last season *I think*. You'd have to ask Ronaldo VII tbh.
    Iirc... people kept baiting LFCSoc by keep asking if they would win the league, nobody chewed giving reason it was too early to tell, and frankly it was an unprecedented position under Benitez. Therefore, there was no crumble to chomp when we dropped points in New Year. Stark contrast to Arsenal fans the season before declaring themselves champions elect.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Iirc... people kept baiting LFCSoc by keep asking if they would win the league, nobody chewed giving reason it was too early to tell, and frankly it was an unprecedented position under Benitez. Therefore, there was no crumble to chomp when we dropped points in New Year. Stark contrast to Arsenal fans the season before declaring themselves champions elect.

:confused:
    The question was who thought Liverpool could win the league, and nobody did apart from one person :cool: It was a bait-free question too.

The crumble originally started in 07/08 when Arsenal were top of the league for a while and Clubber Lang and myself had called their fall from grace months earlier. As time went on, the Arsenal fans believed that they were in for the long haul more and more, yet we kept the faith. When their fall happened, Mr Lang coined the crumble phrase. People like Bear_Grylls used the phrase whenever a team lost, but it should only be used when a team crumbles from a winning position, whether that be in a game or fall from 1st in the league, or CL places etc.

The post jonnyofengland was referring to was a classic. Arsenal had been knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea, and their tread was full of people congratulating them on their loss :teeth: My response was a tame one, and I had left it at that whilst half the forum were having a jolly old time. Mastermind had commented that there was no crumble served up, so being the nice guy that I am, I thought it was rude to go to the party without bringing something for the buffet so some crumble was served, by request. The ungrateful Arsenal fans must not have liked the flavour or something as there was a sustained personal attack on myself for a large period of time. It seemed like it was the crumble that broke the camel's back.

Good to see Arsenal at the top of the league, even only after one game, as it means there is only one thing on the menu

ReputationRep:
    There's no way 07/08 can constitute a Crumble for us. We were written off long before we had kicked a ball but came out determined to prove everyone wrong. We played excellent football and I genuinely thought we would win the title, until that match against Birmingham, where shocking refereeing and a shocking tackle on Eduardo (literally shocking, I mean, and you could see it from the faces of the likes of Cesc, who just couldn't play on after that), followed by some petulant behaviour by Gallas saw us stagger to our demise. The Champions League, similarly, we were robbed by a referee who comes from the same village as Dirk Kuyt. We played some excellent football, again, and were unlucky. The less said about Liverpool's theatrics the better, too.

I don't think it was a Crumble. It was a valiant attempt at success when the odds were stacked massively against us.

EDIT: Although, of course, I can see how a WUM would attempt to construe it as a Crumble!

ReputationRep:
    As per 'crumble' definition, Hull experienced a lengthy, sustained, period of crumble last season. It would take something special to equal that sort of crumble. Whether or not there are 3 worse teams than Hull in the EPL, we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    The question was who thought Liverpool could win the league, and nobody did apart from one person :cool: It was a bait-free question too.
    Oh rli? :teeth:
    Do you think Liverpool will win the league?
    Do you think Liverpool will win the league this season?
    Iirc, a lot of the answers were that Liverpool could win the league, but it was far too early to say they will win the league...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    There's no way 07/08 can constitute a Crumble for us. We were written off long before we had kicked a ball but came out determined to prove everyone wrong. We played excellent football and I genuinely thought we would win the title, until that match against Birmingham, where shocking refereeing and a shocking tackle on Eduardo (literally shocking, I mean, and you could see it from the faces of the likes of Cesc, who just couldn't play on after that), followed by some petulant behaviour by Gallas saw us stagger to our demise. The Champions League, similarly, we were robbed by a referee who comes from the same village as Dirk Kuyt. We played some excellent football, again, and were unlucky. The less said about Liverpool's theatrics the better, too.

I don't think it was a Crumble. It was a valiant attempt at success when the odds were stacked massively against us.

EDIT: Although, of course, I can see how a WUM would attempt to construe it as a Crumble!
    Twas a crumble, one you may have been surprised to be in the position of eating, but a crumble nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    :dry:

Didn't taste very nice.

ReputationRep:
    The post jonnyofengland was referring to was a classic.
    Glad to see someone knows which one I'm talking about.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.