The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

El Stevo
Oh rli? :teeth:

Iirc, a lot of the answers were that Liverpool could win the league, but it was far too early to say they will win the league...

Still, it was bait-free. I said I thought United would win the title all season, it's not like I was shying away from my own questions tbh.
Ronaldo VII
Still, it was bait-free. I said I thought United would win the title all season, it's not like I was shying away from my own questions tbh.

That's your prerogative... forgive the fans of a side who haven't won it in 20 years for being a little more reserved with their beliefs :rolleyes:
El Stevo
That's your prerogative... forgive the fans of a side who haven't won it in 20 years for being a little more reserved with their beliefs :rolleyes:

Reserved, or lacking belief?
Ronaldo VII
Reserved, or lacking belief?

After less than half a season, what sane Liverpool fan would declare themselves Champions elect with no significant gap to the chasing pack? That's just setting yourself up for ridicule.

Liverpool could have won it, but they didn't. If we reach the same point this season, I would be more confident of winning it, though I am less confident we will reach said point.
Have their been any Arsenal fans who are convinced they are going to win the league after Saturday?

From what I've seen they've all been incredibly restrained, but there must be one...
Reply 265
I thought we were going to win the league before Saturday. Does that count? :colondollar:

:creep:
Ascient
I thought we were going to win the league before Saturday. Does that count? :colondollar:

:creep:

Even though you're probably joking, it's not as bad. Because then it clearly isn't a gut reaction that's come from one decent result, it's a mental illness it's an thought out decision.
jonnyofengland
Even though you're probably joking, it's not as bad. Because then it clearly isn't a gut reaction that's come from one decent result, it's a mental illness it's an thought out decision.

an thought out, an?

That's mental disability tbh.
Reply 268
Someone that's received quite a few votes has also received a vote for "Most Missed" member. Hint? :colondollar:

For the award of All Round Member (i.e. the member with the most votes across all the categories), the votes for the Crumble award will not count nor will the votes from the TSR Team Of The Year.

The Arshavin and Vickery awards seem settled.

<3 AutoSum
Ronaldo VII
The question was who thought Liverpool could win the league, and nobody did apart from one person :cool: It was a bait-free question too.

The crumble originally started in 07/08 when Arsenal were top of the league for a while and Clubber Lang and myself had called their fall from grace months earlier. As time went on, the Arsenal fans believed that they were in for the long haul more and more, yet we kept the faith. When their fall happened, Mr Lang coined the crumble phrase. People like Bear_Grylls used the phrase whenever a team lost, but it should only be used when a team crumbles from a winning position, whether that be in a game or fall from 1st in the league, or CL places etc.

The post jonnyofengland was referring to was a classic. Arsenal had been knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea, and their tread was full of people congratulating them on their loss :teeth: My response was a tame one, and I had left it at that whilst half the forum were having a jolly old time. Mastermind had commented that there was no crumble served up, so being the nice guy that I am, I thought it was rude to go to the party without bringing something for the buffet so some crumble was served, by request. The ungrateful Arsenal fans must not have liked the flavour or something as there was a sustained personal attack on myself for a large period of time. It seemed like it was the crumble that broke the camel's back.

Good to see Arsenal at the top of the league, even only after one game, as it means there is only one thing on the menu :wink:

Haven't seen any crumble served in the Liverpool thread :flute:
Ascient
Someone that's received quite a few votes has also received a vote for "Most Missed" member. Hint? :colondollar:

For the award of All Round Member (i.e. the member with the most votes across all the categories), the votes for the Crumble award will not count nor will the votes from the TSR Team Of The Year.

<3 AutoSum

Ascient no talking about the awards plz :rolleyes:

No teasers, hints, nothing :mad:

When can we expect the results to be published, son?
Reply 271
12.01 imo. Ascient is efficient :biggrin:

I enjoy the teasing tbfh... And I enjoyed my Pulis putdown post. Failed to receive the recognition it deserved at the time.
Reply 272
white_haired_wizard
Ascient no talking about the awards plz :rolleyes:

No teasers, hints, nothing :mad:

When can we expect the results to be published, son?

So you don't want to know that there is a few percent separating the winner and second place of the Frank Lampard award? :beard: Or that there have only been 4 different nominations for the Pep Guardiola award and it's being very tightly contested by just two of those? :beard:

Okay then :frown:

Because there'll be percentages, there'll certainly be delay. If I work the percentages and stuff out now, someone will undoubtedly submit their votes at 11.59pm and render all that working out void and I'd have to do that all over again. I mean I could announce the winners immediately and then breakdowns later, but what the **** would be the fun in that tbhwya,f?

Early hours of tomorrow morning. Maybe. :cute:
Ascient
So you don't want to know that there is a few percent separating the winner and second place of the Frank Lampard award? :beard: Or that there have only been 4 different nominations for the Pep Guardiola award and it's being very tightly contested by just two of those? :beard:

Because there'll be percentages, there'll certainly be delay. If I work the percentages and stuff out now, someone will undoubtedly submit their votes at 11.59pm and render all that working out void and I'd have to do that all over again. I mean I could announce the winners immediately and then breakdowns later, but what the **** would be the fun in that tbhwya,f?

What about best female? I'd have thought that one is essentially decided :o:
Reply 274
Stu Laverty

:no: Complacency is a bad thing. Perhaps you should ask the person(s) you have in mind to post enticing photographs in a last ditch campaign to win votes? :biggrin:
Ascient

Can't you just get Excel to work out some fancy shizzle? :unsure:
Reply 276
I only know how to use AutoSum, which is useful for totalling the total number of votes each person has received and the total number of votes in each category (which is needed to work out percentages). I don't know if/how Excel works out the percentage itself for you. If someone knows, I'm all ears!
Ascient

<3 AutoSum

Why is that?
Stu Laverty

:coma:
Ascient
I only know how to use AutoSum, which is useful for totalling the total number of votes each person has received and the total number of votes in each category (which is needed to work out percentages). I don't know if/how Excel works out the percentage itself for you. If someone knows, I'm all ears!

I haven't used Excel in a while, but I think typing this into an empty box should work:

=A1/A2*100

Where A1 is the box containing the individuals votes, and A2 is the box containing the total votes.

Can't promise anything but I think that should work. :smile: