Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    hottest female poster of the year
    :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    TSR Footballer of the year (one of the meet attendees) followed by a TSR Team of the year (of meet attendees again). Voted by meet attendees, obvs.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe some themed ones:

The Arsene Wenger award for not seeing certain, and quite obvious occurences/posts.
    The Rafa Benitez award for exceptional stubbornness.
    The Jose Mourinho award for being a 'special' one.
    Alex Ferguson's award for services to drunk posting.
    The David Moyes award for being a scary ****.

ReputationRep:
    You're all as beautiful and delightful as each other :cool:

Ever the diplomat.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    TSR Footballer of the year (one of the meet attendees) followed by a TSR Team of the year (of meet attendees again).
    Loving it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Female poster of the year.
    Better known as The Ronaldo Award

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Maybe some themed ones:

The Arsene Wenger award for not seeing certain, and quite obvious occurences/posts.
    The Pep Guardiola award for best newcomer?

ReputationRep:
    Some fantastic ideas here, folks

I like Rob's idea of Best Society. Perhaps to counter Farhan's objection a little and make it more open, we can just make it Best Football Thread (in general), although perhaps with a snazzier title.

ReputationRep:
    Troll Of The Year in association with dumbdumb.

ReputationRep:
    Rofl, some cracking ideas there. I'll be hoping for nomination for some of them.

Sometimes I wish I was able to attend any of the meets, I hate living so far South West of everyone
    Perhaps hold one in Southampton? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Troll Of The Year in association with dumbdumb.
    How do you differentiate a troll and a WUM? I would say a troll is of lower intelligence but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    How do you differentiate a troll and a WUM? I would say a troll is of lower intelligence but thats just me.
    I'd say a troll is deliberately seeking extreme opinion, and a WUM is deliberately seeking insults.

ReputationRep:
    A WUM isn't deliberately seeking insults, they are just a piss taker. WUM is harmless fun, whereas trolling is just being an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Trolling is against forum rules... WUMing is different.

How about 'The Boring Poster of the year award slash I only post facts slash The Rafa Benitez award'.

ReputationRep:
    Okay Phil, but they're generally looking for some kind of a reaction. :p:

I sincerely hope I don't win the Benitez Award after all the fun and jokes i've brought to the FM Network Game [while I've been online ]

[I'm not on there now because my brother's on my PC ]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    Trolling is against forum rules... WUMing is different.
    Basically yeah. WUM is telling people what they don't want to know.

ReputationRep:
    Trolling is unintelligently plugging away at some laboured point with a desperate hope for any kind of reaction, which usually lacks any kind of direction, plan or reason. It is basically spouted by your everyday moron in the forum, the trolls come and go.

WUMing is, relatively speaking, an art form. Using the perfect bait at the right time and hitting the spot of your adversary to make them rage out is the target of every WUM. It is about seizing the moment and going for the big prize every time by pissing people off in a strategic way. It is far more specific and thus requires some level of thought/talent. WUMing is forever.

ReputationRep:
    Well said Robbie, I couldn't really explain it effectively in a concise way. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Trolling is unintelligently plugging away at some laboured point with a desperate hope for any kind of reaction, which usually lacks any kind of direction, plan or reason. It is basically spouted by your everyday moron in the forum, the trolls come and go.

WUMing is, relatively speaking, an art form. Using the perfect bait at the right time and hitting the spot of your adversary to make them rage out is the target of every WUM. It is about ceasing the moment and going for the big prize every time by pissing people off in a strategic way. It is far more specific and thus requires some level of thought/talent. WUMing is forever.
    :rofl: couldn't have said it better myself

ReputationRep:
    Maybe some themed ones:

wear is the Tony Pulis award like!!??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.