Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    He only does the Arsenal one does he not? I don't see him in any of the other societies.
    I thought thats what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kflynn)
    im quite negative so how about:

worst post
    worst society
    worst fan of the year
    ect.
    Voting a joint-victory of Modric14 and Shawcross, and their respective represented Socs for those three :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    He only does the Arsenal one does he not? I don't see him in any of the other societies.
    He's the cancer of this forum tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    He's the cancer of this forum tbh.
    Don't use that word while i'm around here kthxplz

Nah, I'm only kdding.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, guys, I've given this a bit of a think through and collated the ideas from the past 4 pages, and this is what I've come up with. I've decided to pick the best of the ones that were offered rather than picking them all, because if we had all 30 or so suggestions then I fear it may dilute the awards somewhat. I think keeping with the themes is a good idea and more novel, but if you think there are better suggestions for the titles than the ones I've given (better being more apt- so is there a better debater than Frank Lampard, for example) then please let me know. This list isn't fixed in any way, so fire back with your ideas!

TSR Football Awards
    The Luis Figo Award [For the person who plays for the enemy that you'd most like on your team]

The Socrates Award [For the most knowledgeable poster- Socrates not only shares his name with a great philosopher but was a Doctor of medicine, rather remarkably earning the degree whilst playing football]

The Andrei Arshavin Award [funniest footballer]

The Frank Lampard Award [best debater- there's not much to go on here, so I went for Lampard on the basis of the interview he gave completely destroying that talk show's argument, and also he's supposed to have a very high IQ. If people want to change it to a particular football pundit, then let us know!]

The Tim Vickery Award [best foreign football correspondent- it's up to you whether the SPL counts as foreign :p:]

The Thread Of The Year [either a society or a regular thread]

The Cristiano Ronaldo Award [to save debate about who's the best footballer in the world, it's probably just easier to award it to who the apparently knowledgeable authorities deem the best player in the world. If there's many objections, we can change it]

The Robbie Savage Award [a plethora of players to pick from for this award, but Robbie Savage just pipped it. Those he pipped, incidentally, were largely former team-mates at Blackburn! This is the "award" for biggest WUM]

The Best FM Network Player

The Pep Guardiola Award [best newcomer- newcomer to the football forum and not the site, to make it more fair]

The TSR World Footballer Of The Year [at TSR Footy Meets]

The TSR World Team Of The Year

The Bobby Robson Award [I hope people don't feel this is too soon. This if for the most passionate fan that just keeps on giving]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    Okay, guys, I've given this a bit of a think through and collated the ideas from the past 4 pages, and this is what I've come up with. I've decided to pick the best of the ones that were offered rather than picking them all, because if we had all 30 or so suggestions then I fear it may dilute the awards somewhat. I think keeping with the themes is a good idea and more novel, but if you think there are better suggestions for the titles than the ones I've given (better being more apt- so is there a better debater than Frank Lampard, for example) then please let me know. This list isn't fixed in any way, so fire back with your ideas!

TSR Football Awards
    The Luis Figo Award [For the person who plays for the enemy that you'd most like on your team]

The Socrates Award [For the most knowledgeable poster- Socrates not only shares his name with a great philosopher but was a Doctor of medicine, rather remarkably earning the degree whilst playing football]

The Andrei Arshavin Award [funniest footballer]

The Frank Lampard Award [best debater- there's not much to go on here, so I went for Lampard on the basis of the interview he gave completely destroying that talk show's argument, and also he's supposed to have a very high IQ. If people want to change it to a particular football pundit, then let us know!]

The Tim Vickery Award [best foreign football correspondent- it's up to you whether the SPL counts as foreign :p:]

The Thread Of The Year [either a society or a regular thread]

The Cristiano Ronaldo Award [to save debate about who's the best footballer in the world, it's probably just easier to award it to who the apparently knowledgeable authorities deem the best player in the world. If there's many objections, we can change it]

The Robbie Savage Award [a plethora of players to pick from for this award, but Robbie Savage just pipped it. Those he pipped, incidentally, were largely former team-mates at Blackburn!]

The Best FM Network Player

The Pep Guardiola Award [best newcomer- newcomer to the football forum and not the site, to make it more fair]

The TSR World Footballer Of The Year [at TSR Footy Meets]

The TSR World Team Of The Year

The Bobby Robson Award [I hope people don't feel this is too soon. This if for the most passionate fan that just keeps on giving]
    Sounds ace :yy: Although what is the Robbie Savage award - is that for WUMOTY?

Lampard is an excellent choice, IMO :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Sounds ace :yy: Although what is the Robbie Savage award - is that for WUMOTY?

Lampard is an excellent choice, IMO :cool:
    Oh yeah, I should have made that clearer. It is indeed for the biggest WUM. Edited it now :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Xabi Alonso Award for Biggest WUM with Greatest Style

tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I should have made that clearer. It is indeed for the biggest WUM. Edited it now :yy:
    Happy to help.

Although with the amount of red cards players got against Xabi Alonso last year, I think I like Stevo's idea of biggest WUM with the greatest style :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I see Ascient is going about his modding duties already :hmmm:

I'm gonna vote for Stu for every award :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by good mermington)

Something's not right if I don't get biggest WUM :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by good mermington)

Yet comparing someone to cancer survived. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Yet comparing someone to cancer survived. Oh well.
    It wasn't a comment about cancer in the pathological sense.

Back on topic, voting will most likely take place by Private Message. There will have to be some restrictions to safeguard a fair election. Something along the lines of:

-No dupes (Ryan Shawcross, Angry Dad, I'm looking at you :dry:)
    -Minimum 3 months registration on the site
    -Moderate number of posts in the football forum.

Anything else?

ReputationRep:
    -No dupes (Ryan Shawcross,)
    Yeah, Zak :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Only I should be allowed to vote
    Spoiler:
    Show

Garth demands it!

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be missing the award for best female member :hubba: :coma: :drool: :boobs:

ReputationRep:
    Is the best newcomer award to anybody that started posting on the Football forum since last year's awards?

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    The best football couple?

ReputationRep:
    -No dupes (Ryan Shawcross, Angry Dad, I'm looking at you :dry:)
    +Good Mermington

ReputationRep:
    Random Dupe Award? Would the winner be the OA?

Angry Mum in there too... and Descient.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.