Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann, has to come close.

ReputationRep:
    Even Darren Bent's twitter page is funnier than Andrei Arshavin tbh

ReputationRep:
    Arsh is a funny man tbf. The discussion about women drivers was hilarious. Same with the discussion of meeting Pavlovachenko for coffee.

I like the awards, but think it's confusing, as the fact we are voting for posters of the forum is a tiny bit lost in translation. I also think there's room for a couple more, but can't tell which have been lost and could be useful. The ones there, are good however.

ReputationRep:
    Lehmann was funny, especially for a German. The Drogba bumpingness was funny but his complaint about Almunia was epic.

ReputationRep:
    worst user name award goes to ................. me :embarrassed:

i just want an award, this is the only way lol

ReputationRep:
    Just a few things that naturally spring to mind:

Most impartial/objective poster:

Most eloquent poster:

Best looking male poster:

The poster most often accused of WUM when in fact he's giving a straight and honest account:

ReputationRep:
    The Arshavin award is the funniest

:rofl::teeth:

ReputationRep:
    What about the Wayne Rooney award? The most hot headed member.
    It's gotta be me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Just a few things that naturally spring to mind:

Most impartial/objective poster:

Most eloquent poster:

Best looking male poster:

The poster most often accused of WUM when in fact he's giving a straight and honest account:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    We should perhaps consider a time-scale for this, too. Ideally, the winners would be chosen not too long into the new Premier League campaign. Perhaps a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    We should perhaps consider a time-scale for this, too. Ideally, the winners would be chosen not too long into the new Premier League campaign. Perhaps a week?
    Sounds good.

Nice sig btw :teeth:

Emerson Boycie
    Antonio Cassandro
    Raquelme

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Sounds good.

Nice sig btw :teeth:

Emerson Boycie
    Antonio Cassandro
    Raquelme

:laugh:

Edgar Daveds :wink2:

I'll try and write up something formal and final for this tomorrow, so we can go about boosting some egos! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Or crushing some :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Or crushing some :ninja:
    or crumbling someone, like I've done to various posters on TSR over the years, e.g. Economist and a few others.

Football Meet Organiser of the Year tbfhpls

ReputationRep:
    TSR Football Awards
    The Luis Figo Award [For the person who plays for the enemy that you'd most like on your team]

The Socrates Award [For the most knowledgeable poster- Socrates not only shares his name with a great philosopher but was a Doctor of medicine, rather remarkably earning the degree whilst playing football]

The Andrei Arshavin Award [funniest footballer]

The Frank Lampard Award [best debater- there's not much to go on here, so I went for Lampard on the basis of the interview he gave completely destroying that talk show's argument, and also he's supposed to have a very high IQ. If people want to change it to a particular football pundit, then let us know!]

The Tim Vickery Award [best foreign football correspondent- it's up to you whether the SPL counts as foreign :p:]

The Thread Of The Year [either a society or a regular thread]

The Cristiano Ronaldo Award [to save debate about who's the best footballer in the world, it's probably just easier to award it to who the apparently knowledgeable authorities deem the best player in the world. If there's many objections, we can change it]

The Robbie Savage Award [a plethora of players to pick from for this award, but Robbie Savage just pipped it. Those he pipped, incidentally, were largely former team-mates at Blackburn! This is the "award" for biggest WUM]

The Best FM Network Player

The Pep Guardiola Award [best newcomer- newcomer to the football forum and not the site, to make it more fair]

The TSR World Footballer Of The Year [at TSR Footy Meets]

The TSR World Team Of The Year

The Bobby Robson Award [I hope people don't feel this is too soon. This if for the most passionate fan that just keeps on giving]
    If we go with these, plus Hottest Female, Hottest Male (for the sake of parity :wink2:) and The Crumble Award (for the post who's seen his/her arguments crumble most, in an entirely banterish and facetious way), then would most people be happy with that?

Just so you know, that'd be 16 awards in total.

ReputationRep:
    The Joker award - Why so serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    The Joker award - Why so serious?
    Do you mean that the awards are currently too serious and want a Joker one? Or are you querying why a Joker award is so serious? :o:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking for the TSR World football of the year it should be :king1: :king2: :king3: just like the real footballer of the year awards. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean that the awards are currently too serious and want a Joker one? Or are you querying why a Joker award is so serious?
    Well it could go to those who feel aggrieved about refereeing decisions longer than the average supporter telling the winner of the award to lighten up, or those who constantly post for fun to amuse others.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.