Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Football Awards Ideas watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I was thinking for the TSR World football of the year it should be :king1: :king2: :king3: just like the real footballer of the year awards. :yep:
    All the awards will have 3rd, 2nd and 1st place winners :yep:

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Well it could go to those who feel aggrieved about refereeing decisions longer than the average supporter telling the winner of the award to lighten up, or those who constantly post for fun to amuse others.
    I see. We do already have the Funniest Member Award and Crumble Award, so I'm not really sure there's scope for something like that, as it's partially covered by either of the above...

ReputationRep:
    How about the "award" for the member that likes to act as a mod/nazi/policeman the most?

ReputationRep:
    What's the World Team of the Year award?

(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    How about the "award" for the member that likes to act as a mod/nazi/policeman the most?
    Are you going/able to change your username btw? You could sub and have your name in white which nobody could see :dontknow:

Or are you going for the nostalgic-Ronaldo-icon thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    What's the World Team of the Year award?

Are you going/able to change your username btw? You could sub and have your name in white which nobody could see :dontknow:

Or are you going for the nostalgic-Ronaldo-icon thing?
    The latter. I do have an alternate name that would be pretty good, but haven't inquired about having it changed as they probably wouldn't allow it. Whether I would or not if I could is another matter. My current stance is that my name represents Ronaldo as a #7, which he isn't at Real.

ReputationRep:
    The latter. I do have an alternate name that would be pretty good, but haven't inquired about having it changed as they probably wouldn't allow it. Whether I would or not if I could is another matter. My current stance is that my name represents Ronaldo as a #7, which he isn't at Real.
    You should keep your username. People associate it with you and you're probably sentimental towards it tbh, and it brings back fond memories :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    You should keep your username. People associate it with you and you're probably sentimental towards it tbh, and it brings back fond memories :cool:
    I don't have a choice, for better or for worse :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a choice, for better or for worse :cool:
    I'd probably slap you round the face if you did change it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Cool

You could change your name to Shrek 10 :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    they would almost certainly allow you to change your name, but it would be pointless from your point of view. unless you change it to CRUMBLE, of course.

ReputationRep:
    The Luke McCormick/Cristiano Ronaldo award for car-crash postings.

The Justin Fashanu award for gayest footy forum post.

The Peter Shilton award for longest service.

The Djibril Cisse award for flashiest signature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    The Luke McCormick/Cristiano Ronaldo award for car-crash postings.

The Justin Fashanu award for gayest footy forum post.

The Peter Shilton award for longest service.

The Djibril Cisse award for flashiest signature.
    Controversial, that one!

And we need to gtf on with doing this, or rather, the mods do

Can it be initiated voting friday night or something, after the meet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Controversial, that one!

Haha! I thought "the line" was stopping short of the Antonio Puerta Award

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Controversial, that one!

Yeah, that's a good idea, as it allows Meet attendees a final chance to pick their TSR Footballer and Football Team of the year. In truth, they can start as soon as you like, as I've written up the final set of awards and can make the thread instantaneously. I just wanted to make sure I had enough of the categories to satisfy most people

ReputationRep:
    Get on with it, lad.

:cool:

I've been on TSR longer than most so I should win an award for longevity and putting up with some of you tards.

ReputationRep:
    The Bebeto award for best signature :cool:

Mine's should win.

ReputationRep:
    The 'Eric Djemba-Djemba' Award for being famous yet having little talent. That's one I should win. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    Yeah, that's a good idea, as it allows Meet attendees a final chance to pick their TSR Footballer and Football Team of the year. In truth, they can start as soon as you like, as I've written up the final set of awards and can make the thread instantaneously. I just wanted to make sure I had enough of the categories to satisfy most people
    I revel in being part of the decision-making process :ahee:

I think the one last chance to prove myself to the new crop of meet-goers is needed, so yeah, Friday night sounds alright bruvvva.

ReputationRep:
    You can now vote here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascient)
    You can now vote here.
    Is it 16 awards or 15 awards? The awards jump from 7 - 9 (8 is missing) but great work. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Is it 16 awards or 15 awards? The awards jump from 7 - 9 (8 is missing) but great work. :yep:
    Wow, damn my absent mindedness. That's what you get for writing stuff up at 4am! It's 15 awards, I just skipped a number Edited now.

See you all later!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 19, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.