Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What dates do we need to be out of the college by? The same dates that the term ends or is it college specific?

ReputationRep:
    Its mostly college specific, but obviously its follows the dates of term somewhat. For Michaelmas and Hilary you'll probably be required to be there a few days before full term for collections, though you can usually move in earlier, and leave on Sat 8th, and for Trinity most people will leave later. Of course, the normal dates vary between colleges and you can always apply for earlier/later accommodation.

Just have a look on the college website it usually has information on when your required to be in residence.

ReputationRep:
    Moving in for 0th week in Michaelmas (a.k.a. Freshers Week) will vary from college to college, as they have to stagger arrivals into the city - so some colleges will arrive on Sunday 4th, others not until Tuesday (these colleges suck majorly).
    Other terms are a bit more flexible. I'm not sure how much it varies from college to college, but we have to be back in residence the Thursday before term starts (Oxford weeks start on a Sunday) in order to be around for Collections. Fun times.
    Moving out date will be Saturday 8th for the majority of students, but you can apply to stay for a bit longer if you want to study/your parents can't come until the Sunday etc. End of Michaelmas is generally a bit more complicated because they have to make room for all the incoming interviewees. At my college we have to fill in a form a couple of weeks before the end of term declaring when we will have left our rooms by; if you want to stay past the typically prescribed time frame then you'll need permission from either a dean or a college tutor, depending on the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Assume Saturday of 8th. Some colleges will kick you out by 12 or 10am (Teddy Hall). Others will be more flexible for internationals but generally you have to get out unless it's Trinity and you have exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mook)
    Moving in for 0th week in Michaelmas (a.k.a. Freshers Week) will vary from college to college, as they have to stagger arrivals into the city - so some colleges will arrive on Sunday 4th, others not until Tuesday (these colleges suck majorly).
    Other terms are a bit more flexible. I'm not sure how much it varies from college to college, but we have to be back in residence the Thursday before term starts (Oxford weeks start on a Sunday) in order to be around for Collections.
    I don't suppose you can give me a guess at when I should be moving in for freshers at brasenose? Or do you know who I can ask? There's nothing on their website. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    I don't suppose you can give me a guess at when I should be moving in for freshers at brasenose? Or do you know who I can ask? There's nothing on their website. Thanks
    I don't think there's any current Brasenose people on here ... If you need to know urgently then your best bet is to email someone at the college and ask. If you're just curious then hang on and wait until the freshers' information comes through, which should be just after results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    TB should be able to help you
    Oh yeah :o: sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireHogben)
    Last year freshers arrived on Monday 6 October (in 0th week) at Brasenose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Last year freshers arrived on Monday 6 October (in 0th week) at Brasenose.
    Thanks for that

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.