Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone on this forum like Grime? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like a fair bit, Durrty Doogz is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook skank? :lolwut: I love Grime. I go into phases though when I listen to it hard and nothing else for weeks, then I chillax with other genres. It's all good.

ReputationRep:

Big up black!

ReputationRep:
    Love grime, but hate westwood and chipmunk...

ReputationRep:
    I use to be really into it 3/4 years ago, I still like and listen but not like I use to.

ReputationRep:
    JME - Funniest most original MC (also from my school, i rep)
    Wretch 32 - Lyrically most talented MC
    Scorcher - Best flow
    Wiley - Did the most for the scene.
    Terminator - Never fails to make me laugh (in a good way, cause everyone knows his doing it for a hobby)
    Black da rippa - Gets me hyped the most, also i respect his lyrics and attitude to politics, the world etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Yes, im a lover of grime. All about P Money, Ghettz, Voltage, Old school Dizzie, Kano, Ice Kid, Movement etc. I hate chipmunk tho for some reason, maybe because I saw him live and well....

ReputationRep:
    Yes Yes, im a lover of grime. All about P Money, Ghettz, Voltage, Old school Dizzie, Kano, Ice Kid, Skepta, Movement etc. I hate chipmunk tho for some reason, maybe because I saw him live and well....

Whats everyones top 3 ALL TIME grime tunes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    Yes Yes, im a lover of grime. All about P Money, Ghettz, Voltage, Old school Dizzie, Kano, Ice Kid, Skepta, Movement etc. I hate chipmunk tho for some reason, maybe because I saw him live and well....

Whats everyones top 3 ALL TIME grime tunes?
    Kano - Ghetto Kayote
    Ruff Squad - Anna
    Bruza - Get Me or Maybe Forward(pow)

in that order.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard some good stuff here and there, but I'll be looking into those mentioned above. Wiley is pretty cool, though he was meant to be supporting Hot Chip when I went to see them in October and didn't show. Really disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tastes.like.lemonade)
    JME - Funniest most original MC (also from my school, i rep)
    Wretch 32 - Lyrically most talented MC
    Scorcher - Best flow
    Wiley - Did the most for the scene.
    Terminator - Never fails to make me laugh (in a good way, cause everyone knows his doing it for a hobby)
    Black da rippa - Gets me hyped the most, also i respect his lyrics and attitude to politics, the world etc.
    'And it's T!!!!!!!!!'

Black Da Ripper is good, he lives near me. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    Kano - Ghetto Kayote
    Ruff Squad - Anna
    Bruza - Get Me or Maybe Forward(pow)

in that order.

When it came out I think I'd be pushing for a record amount of reloads that song got. Recently been listening to quite a bit again and 'Bring it Down'.

As for my favourite tunes

Bruza - Bruzin'
    Voltage - Calm your hype down
    Bomb Squad - B.O.M.B
    JME/D Double - Serious Thugs
    Wiley - Grim/Saw it Coming/ Bad em up
    Chipmunk, Doulble S, Griminal, Ice Kid - Who are remix
    Bashy - London Underground

Not exactly 3 but those are some of my all time favs

ReputationRep:
    I am a fan of grime although I prefer US hip hop overall. I love the fact that grime is a london thing and that london grit runs through its veins.

My favourite artists are in no particular order...
    Wrethc 32 ( intelligent lyrical beast)
    Ghetto/Ghetts (Goes hard)
    Dot Rotten
    Kano ( i dont care what you think he is still sick. altho his new autotune song is flopping)
    Dizzee (Boy In Da Corner was incredible)
    Devlin (best white rapper in the scene. yes better than adam deacon and plan b)
    Chipmunk ( yes i know his last two singles have flopped but i have this hope that those are just the singles and he can make a grimey and not pop album. i had so much hope for him. eveeryone used to love this guy off when he was 16 and rightly so he was out spitting grown men on that league of my own mixtape)

ReputationRep:
    When it came out I think I'd be pushing for a record amount of reloads that song got. Recently been listening to quite a bit again and 'Bring it Down'.

Bruza - Bruzin' <<<<<<

Bomb Squad - B.O.M.B <<<<<

These tunes are ILL !! especialy B.O.M.B "I was doing this ever since I was in the uterus.." . Your gonna make me reload them ones now lol. But I can't play anna now cos the speakers gotta be on full to do it justice.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyFBgNShxnk

Evidence that westwood is a nobhead :yes:

ReputationRep:

Bruza - Bruzin'
    Voltage - Calm your hype down
    Bomb Squad - B.O.M.B
    JME/D Double - Serious Thugs
    Wiley - Grim/Saw it Coming/ Bad em up
    Chipmunk, Doulble S, Griminal, Ice Kid - Who are remix
    Bashy - London Underground

i cant stand bruza he is so swag. he was appaling on that london song he did with sway some of the worst bars ive ever heard. its like he thinks he can get by on his little "cockney geezer" gimmick and forget about important **** like flow and rhyming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satan's Whiskers)
    Love grime, but hate westwood and chipmunk...
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3M!)
    These tunes are ILL !! especialy B.O.M.B "I was doing this ever since I was in the uterus.." . Your gonna make me reload them ones now lol. But I can't play anna now cos the speakers gotta be on full to do it justice.

lool yeahhh, have you seen bomb squad had a new song and they are all propa grown up in the video, looks weird

ReputationRep:
    Yeah love grime espcially the adenuga brothers <3

ReputationRep:
    lool yeahhh, have you seen bomb squad had a new song and they are all propa grown up in the video, looks weird

Nar i'll check it out.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.