The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I SERIOUSLY can't listen to Westwood without absolutely PMSL.
Reply 61
I beat shots like Gerrard, But when i say I role with the dogs, I don't mean Wellard! - That lyrics always gives me joke when Frisco uses it

THB4hHlV4ZE
Reply 62
abrp
im so bad with music genres :frown: makes it really annoying to chose what to download to listen. id find a good song then wont know what to search to find something similar (ie dance/house/trance etc)...

for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJQ2BCt-kA

whats this considered as?

Trance, dance house
Reply 63
Bubbles*de*Milo
I SERIOUSLY can't listen to Westwood without absolutely PMSL.

- In Westwoods Swagger -

I'm GOING IN BABY!!! *Fireworks* *bombs* Screams* *Gun-Shots*
Reply 64
Venom123
I beat shots like Gerrard, But when i say I role with the dogs, I don't mean Wellard! - That lyrics always gives me joke when Frisco uses it

THB4hHlV4ZE

Why is Frisc spittin Skepta's bars, thats why Boy Better Know annoys me sometimes. Looks like JME has got some fresh bars for his new album.
Carter.
Trance, dance house

any recommendations on something similar?

what about this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRxoncWiSA&feature=related

:wub: this song.
Reply 66
Econight
Why is Frisc spittin Skepta's bars, thats why Boy Better Know annoys me sometimes. Looks like JME has got some fresh bars for his new album.

they do that. kinda shows they know each other well enough lol.
I remember when kano wretch n ghetto did that on the logan show time ago
Reply 67
my mate SB (SB.TV) is really pushing the scene forward on youtube though, and im glad that Funky House is a good outlet for grime, all that skank stuff is a good way 2 attract audiences and have parents do bad dancing and enjoy it.

Grime is slowly getting commercial cause its becoming more about what people want 2 hear instead of negativty, and although Westwood is reeeallly annoying he's been around since parents were young, so he still gets audiences from the older generation to listen to grime.

Bashy - Ransom, Skank Sqaud - Waving the Flag and 321 - Bring it back are my fave songs at the mo, there is some good stuff on Channel AKA though, Imperial Squad have impressed me :smile: Just a Link was mega in my view :smile:
Reply 68
abrp
any recommendations on something similar?

what about this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRxoncWiSA&feature=related

:wub: this song.

same sort of genre. House, techno trance really :smile:
seems like you love the genre
Reply 69
Carter.
they do that. kinda shows they know each other well enough lol.
I remember when kano wretch n ghetto did that on the logan show time ago

I only like when crews do this when they all do it at the same time, like when Marvell done a 3 way ting, the effect is soo much better than just spittin one set from someone else.
So you ask for the health status of the Grme Scene ey?

Ok now for some symbolism - i would say right now that the grime scene is in a coma. Back in day (2003-2007) the health of Grime was prosperous and dedicated. But now after 2-3 years of junk food, no excercise and binge drinking Grime has fallen ill under N-Dubz, mainstream and another 10,000 wannabees ruining it with their attempt at becoming the next 50-cent. Then one day when Grime was walking back from the club late at night, a suitably named "Chipmunk" bloke came along and sprayed a 16 bar! Then from that day on the Grime scene has been in Coma and is yet to recover. Chipmunk continues to annoy people to such an extent that they are now resorting to actually enjoying N-Dubz. What the **** is the world coming too. I mean the girl from N-Dubz looks like a prostitute, Dappy looks like he works at mcdonalds and Fazer; well we dont really know much about him (he stabs people).

No but really, all jokes aside the Grime scene is nearly DEAD!

peace and stay away from N-dubz its bad for you.
Reply 71
NVgrime
my mate SB (SB.TV) is really pushing the scene forward on youtube though, and im glad that Funky House is a good outlet for grime, all that skank stuff is a good way 2 attract audiences and have parents do bad dancing and enjoy it.

Grime is slowly getting commercial cause its becoming more about what people want 2 hear instead of negativty, and although Westwood is reeeallly annoying he's been around since parents were young, so he still gets audiences from the older generation to listen to grime.

Bashy - Ransom, Skank Sqaud - Waving the Flag and 321 - Bring it back are my fave songs at the mo, there is some good stuff on Channel AKA though, Imperial Squad have impressed me :smile: Just a Link was mega in my view :smile:

SMH. Once you said that it showed you know nothing about grime
Carter.
same sort of genre. House, techno trance really :smile:
seems like you love the genre

yeah i get the impression that House is for me. my friend advised me to download purchase the following albums (i quote): "hed kandi compilations - the best ones are twisted disco, disco kandi and the mix plus the specials they have for different cities. Most of the better stuff is like 2005-2008 though, cause i havent really heard anything really really good that came out this or even last year compared to older stuff"

DJ kicks and Bugged out classics are also really :cool:
Reply 73
Yeah man in terms of crews 'spitting' each others lines its all love lol

BBK seem to use humour in their stuff - so it's going to be widely accepted

Reply 74
Carter.
SMH. Once you said that it showed you know nothing about grime

well actually grime talks about life for most english teenagers and in that song it reflected what happens for most teenagers these days, and thats y it was a good song.

and i believe u meant SNM :p:
MIKE ESSIEN IS QUITE SICK
^^^race against time is one of the worst albums

Race against time is ok

Playtimes over is wileys best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkkF7a9sQAQ watch this

Listen to the line about him saying hes going to always stick to grime...LIES lol
Terrorfication
So you ask for the health status of the Grme Scene ey?

Ok now for some symbolism - i would say right now that the grime scene is in a coma. Back in day (2003-2007) the health of Grime was prosperous and dedicated. But now after 2-3 years of junk food, no excercise and binge drinking Grime has fallen ill under N-Dubz, mainstream and another 10,000 wannabees ruining it with their attempt at becoming the next 50-cent. Then one day when Grime was walking back from the club late at night, a suitably named "Chipmunk" bloke came along and sprayed a 16 bar! Then from that day on the Grime scene has been in Coma and is yet to recover. Chipmunk continues to annoy people to such an extent that they are now resorting to actually enjoying N-Dubz. What the **** is the world coming too. I mean the girl from N-Dubz looks like a prostitute, Dappy looks like he works at mcdonalds and Fazer; well we dont really know much about him (he stabs people).

No but really, all jokes aside the Grime scene is nearly DEAD!

peace and stay away from N-dubz its bad for you.

Nah, I know its not as good as 2003-2007 but its still saying alot with certain artists. Not as good as the days of I can C U and LOTM tho
Reply 78
u_dun_noe
Ghetto, Wiley, Kano.....any artists/movements/crews that you like in particular?

& What about DJ's? - Logan Sama, Westwood....?

met westwood in ayia napa last month, he's even more of a joke in real life than you could possibly imagine.

however i saw him dj later that night and he wasn't bad at all. whatever you say about him as a person he has arguably done more for rap in this country than anyone else.
AP123
'And it's T!!!!!!!!!'

Black Da Ripper is good, he lives near me. :yep:

He lives about 10 mins from my house, by walking and jme went to my school, so did terminator.

Latest