Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone on this forum like Grime? watch

ReputationRep:
    Black the ripper is sick i forgot to mention him before. Old school dizzee (boy in the corner) best grime album and best grime artist to date.

ReputationRep:
    Yes :top:

ReputationRep:
    someone said modern day grime is dead. you obviously dont follow grime hip hop music! chipmunks non mainstream stuff is good, devlin, tinchy stryder, skepta, tinie tempah all good stuff...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Proper grime is usually awful, but half grime half hip-hop is sometimes okay...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by stainluss)
    Grime is the best music in the world... and its taking over this year!

DJ's: Westwood is a better mixer/actual dj, but Logan is the only radio DJ that truly loves grime...

Whos you favorite artists?
    Wow...Logan is a better mixer than westwood for sure!!! - westwood doesn't even use vinyl on his show (he used virtual DJ). Logan has always mixed with vinyl......true DJ

my favourite MCs are:
    1. Ghetts,
    2. Kano,
    3.Skepta,
    4. Wiley,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u_dun_noe)
    Wow...Logan is a better mixer than westwood for sure!!! - westwood doesn't even use vinyl on his show (he used virtual DJ). Logan has always mixed with vinyl......true DJ

my favourite MCs are:
    1. Ghetts,
    2. Kano,
    3.Skepta,
    4. Wiley,
    Yes but maybe Logan should switch to that also.

Dot Rotten walked off the show before because he gave him such a bad mix to spit on

I agree that Logan is the one true grime DJ, Westwood seems to love american Hip-Hop more
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes but maybe Logan should switch to that also.

Dot Rotten walked off the show before because he gave him such a bad mix to spit on

I agree that Logan is the one true grime DJ, Westwood seems to love american Hip-Hop more

I don't think that was a bad mix, you know.....dot rotten kept stumbling anyway...It's not Logan's fault Dot can't spit like Wiley/Ghetts/Skepta

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that was a bad mix, you know.....dot rotten kept stumbling anyway...It's not Logan's fault Dot can't spit like Wiley/Ghetts/Skepta
    True.
    I like Logan, hes not a corporate puppet like westwood and he says what he thinks

ReputationRep:
    lmao that video was funny. "Im gonna start getting mad now i swear down on my life". I kinda agree that the mix was ok just one or maybe 2 bad mixes in there. But he gave him a sick track after he started complaining that he wasnt being treated like JME or Wiley and just left.

Are logan and dot cool now or have they not done anything together since.

This is why I love Grime. Cos it always leaves me bennin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcavT-li6Y
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    True.
    I like Logan, hes not a corporate puppet like westwood and he says what he thinks
    I must admit though, around 4 minutes in that video - Logan's mixing was poor - but only because he didn't mix in the new tune -he just dropped it - on the drop!!

But yes! Logan isn't scared to insult people (subliminal at Westwood) and he isn't scared to chat up people (Lady NY two weeks ago) + he'll insult people on the forum , without hesitation!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    Are logan and dot cool now or have they not done anything together since.

This is why I love Grime. Cos it always leaves me bennin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcavT-li6Y
    I don't even know about the Dot/Logan situation - for sure, Logan hasn't played any of his tunes in a while though!

and LMAO!! - 'Stick to the ******* truth!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NVgrime)
    well actually grime talks about life for most english teenagers and in that song it reflected what happens for most teenagers these days, and thats y it was a good song.

and i believe u meant SNM :p:
    It was a poor song really, as they got more commercial they got worse. So they are pitifully rubbish. Listen to some better stuff bcos imperial squad are partly responsible for the slow demise of grime. Songs like London City have to restore some pride in the genre
    &
    No. if i meant say no more i would have said say no more.
    I put SMH cos i was shaking my head, thats why it was at the beginning..

ReputationRep:
    i heard dot with a bar 'i walked out of logan's show because i werent feeling logans flow'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tastes.like.lemonade)
    He lives about 10 mins from my house, by walking and jme went to my school, so did terminator.
    Winchmore school, a few of my mates went there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    Winchmore school, a few of my mates went there.
    Cool any names? i left their a few years ago now at uni

ReputationRep:
    yeah me

(Original post by TheCrackFox)
    kano, ghetts, choong family, wiley, skepta, durrty goodz, tinchy, sway, wretch 32 and chipmunk are my favourite ones and some of the snoopy and snakeyman stuff is alright, and peronally there's too many skanks out there, facebook skank, swine flu skank wtf? talking about grime i met jme the other day at this underage fest thing
    Your whole post made me :coma:
    The only thing is that I'm not feeling Chipmunk and Tinchy's a bit .. meh.

But everything else, oh mannnn <3

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tastes.like.lemonade)
    Cool any names? i left their a few years ago now at uni
    I think you were in his year actually - Mehul Shah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    I think you were in his year actually - Mehul Shah.
    Oh yeh i remember mehul he was in 'A' form, used to play blackjack with him lol.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.