Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So...
    I got unconditional offer to study computing at leeds met uni in july
    applied for student finance...still pending
    changed my course to computer forensics.

then during this periods, was put in by the uni as an overseas student and i sent in fee-status assessment form to change to home student.. because i am settled i.e have my ILR, ordinarily resident and came to the UK 10th of sept 06.

So...
    the uni returned confirmation...that i will be considered still as an overseas...just because i have not spent 3 years in the uk....which i will have, by 10th of sept 09.

..but because academic year starts from 1st sept 2009, i am not eligible...
    JUST NINE DAYS!!!

i have sent in an appeal letter to the head of admissions...

waiting...

i am already in preparation mode for uni...gutted..dont knw what to do if i have to wait another year..

but do you think someone will re-consider??

ReputationRep:
    82 views and no replies...

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to be accepted as an overseas student or as a home student? I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    if you haven't been in the UK for three years you haven't been in the UK for three years....... what's the problem, rules are rules

ReputationRep:
    They should do!
    its not really fair if they dont... =(

(Original post by LouisianaPuuurchase)
    Do you want to be accepted as an overseas student or as a home student? I'm confused.
    I'd guess home given the massive difference in fees.

ReputationRep:
    lol 9 days that rediculous; if they consider you as overseas, reapply for '10 or ask for referred entry as a 3,9ys-home-student.

ReputationRep:
    ***** to be you, mate.

ReputationRep:
    Lots/nearly all of my friends having been living abroad for years but still have 'home' status for their uni choices. It's because they lived abroad 'with the intention to move straight back to the uk' or something along those lines.
    They really should let you seeing as you have been there for years...
    Are you British or do you just live in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    It does suck - not least because if you had gone to many other universities it wouldn't a problem. But the rule is the rule. If you haven't fulfilled the condition then you can't expect the LEA (do remember, it's not you getting charged LESS money, it's the taxpayer paying three quarters of your fees for you) to fund your way through uni. I guess it's deferred entry for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.