Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you know....(Cod4 Fact) watch

ReputationRep:
    And also did you know if you're on one team the other team looks different as well?

Weird world we're in isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    Not being able to get 7 kill streaks in cod4 already destroys your credibility as a gamer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    That when you get a 7 kill streak and call in a chopper you actually get 2 different helicopters come in depending on which side your on?

If you're the SAS or the USMC you the get AH-1 Cobra and if your the Spetsnaz or OpFor you get the Mil Mi-24....:yes:

I just found it interesting considering I've never even noticed any difference!
    is this some online thing?

ReputationRep:
    As long as it does the job i couldn't care less

Why would they use a Cobra versus infantry? :lolwut: The Hind is an all out assault chopper, but the Cobra is not meant to tackle heavily armed infantry (they'd be better off using the Iroquois or blackhawk).

Oh well, that's my two cents of outdated military knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizz_kid)
    is this some online thing?
    Yeah....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Why would they use a Cobra versus infantry? :lolwut: The Hind is an all out assault chopper, but the Cobra is not meant to tackle heavily armed infantry (they'd be better off using the Iroquois or blackhawk).

Oh well, that's my two cents of outdated military knowledge
    A Cobra is perfectly suited for the job of mincing down infantry, in fact that's what it's designed for and used as.

A Blackhawk is a troop transporter and I have no idea what a Iroquois is :p:

But it's only a game I guess :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    :rofl:

I know TSR frowns upon it but this is a perfect situation to say...

"Cool story bro"

:p:

Look out for the neg rep from the TSR 'leet.

(Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!)
    A Cobra is perfectly suited for the job of mincing down infantry, in fact that's what it's designed for and used as.

A Blackhawk is a troop transporter and I have no idea what a Iroquois is :p:

But it's only a game I guess :P
    A cobra was an early generation tank killer :lolwut:

Iroquois is another troop transporter, what they used in Vietnam, but the point is that for tackling infantry you need big heavily armoured helos that aren't easily damaged. A Cobra would have its rear propeller blown off incredibly easily compared to a large and lumbering Blackhawk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Look out for the neg rep from the TSR 'leet.
    I think they will excuse this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I think they will excuse this one.

Nazism doesn't give excuses.

ReputationRep:
    Nazism doesn't give excuses.

I have blonde hair and blue eyes though. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)

I have blonde hair and blue eyes though. :puppyeyes:
    I somehow doubt you are an Indian with blonde hair lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Not being able to get 7 kill streaks in cod4 already destroys your credibility as a gamer.
    Unless you play SnD, where it's impossible in every game barring a fluke in the teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    I'm only a part time player, but I spend more time crouching in front of friendly snipers and blocking their view because snipers piss me off regardless of what team their on.

ReputationRep:
    This is obvious if you make a concerted effort to shoot them down, which I do, as they're ******* annoying (and potentially deadly.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I'm only a part time player, but I spend more time crouching in front of friendly snipers and blocking their view because snipers piss me off regardless of what team their on.
    Erm, if it's the whole team then fair enough, but it's good to have a bit of balance. Unless of course the sniper is mince, in which case smoke grenades should generally be tossed at them and claymores placed in front of their face if they're prone.

ReputationRep:
    I somehow doubt you are an Indian with blonde hair lol
    I'm not! :p:

Just the Indian part. :woo:

Have a pakora!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I'm not! :p:

Just the Indian part. :woo:

Have a pakora!
    I'm a Glaswegian, I've already had my daily average of 15 already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Erm, if it's the whole team then fair enough, but it's good to have a bit of balance. Unless of course the sniper is mince, in which case smoke grenades should generally be tossed at them and claymores placed in front of their face if they're prone.
    Only the really good snipers annoy me, the ones with barettas are pretty BBQ. Pretty demoralising watching the replay of them running past you with the baretta, firing from the hip and managing to kill you. :emo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.