Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, Ive read that most people move out of halls in their second year. How does this happen? Do most people move into a house with their friends from the halls or what?

ReputationRep:
    depends, 2nd years most move out into a house, or private halls, most move in with firends, i live with 4 other mates, 3 of which lived in the same flat as me in halls, and the other was was in the same halls different flat, others move into private halls, which be just like living in hall, just a group of you can move in together, and its not ran by the uni

for houses depends on the area, most people start looking in there 2nd term, know the group they want to live, everyone happy living together, and you find a house, uni may help, they may have a list of landlord and houses that are up to there standard, always go with them

some live with friends that made from halls or their flat, some from courses, or another just move in with friends

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i just got a group of friends from my course together and we went searching for a house. It's good because we've all got the same timetables next year so no hassle with waking people up at stupid times because they had to go for 9am lectures when the sleeper had 2pm or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    yeah, i just got a group of friends from my course together and we went searching for a house. It's good because we've all got the same timetables next year so no hassle with waking people up at stupid times because they had to go for 9am lectures when the sleeper had 2pm or something!
    nice idea

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.