Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im just doing my budgeting for this year (i know, im sad, but i like to be organised and know my financial limits!) and i'm wondering how much my bills are likely to be? I'm going to be living in a 4 bed terrace in Lenton, and don't know how much to allow per week/month/term for gas electricity and water etc...anyone who can give me some idea??

ReputationRep:
    Would say allow £30/mth for all bills.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same dilemma, not knowing how much to budget for. But if it's about £30 a month that's less than I thought, leaving plenty of dosh for food and/or booze

ReputationRep:
    wow! thanks, thats alot less than i imagined! i was gonna allow at least £10 a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank070691)
    I'm in the same dilemma, not knowing how much to budget for. But if it's about £30 a month that's less than I thought, leaving plenty of dosh for food and/or booze
    i know! food can stay at minimum but extra cash for going out is always good! im missing oceana! u do french too rite? what modules u doing next year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really missing oceana as well, can't wait to get back to Notts! Yep I do French as well. As it's 'with' French it's only French Language plus 1 extra module per semester. In semester 1 I'm doing Contemporary Science Fiction and in 2 it's Medieval French Lit. Fun times ahead:cool: Which modules are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    ah ok cool, im an 'and' person so i got language plus 2 others per semester. doing geolinguistics and Literature and Politics first semester and Carribean writing and France and the world in second. pretty happy all round! i can't wait to go back either, sleepy suffolk doesn't quite live up!

ReputationRep:
    I'm mega worried about the bills too - plus we've been sent all the unpaid utilities that the previous tenants didn't pay?! I'm hoping no more than £10 per person per week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mary21)
    ah ok cool, im an 'and' person so i got language plus 2 others per semester. doing geolinguistics and Literature and Politics first semester and Carribean writing and France and the world in second. pretty happy all round! i can't wait to go back either, sleepy suffolk doesn't quite live up!
    I did Lit and Politics last year - liked it! Although, if I were you then I would definitely read the books before the start of year 2 as the course tends to go at a book every two weeks, which with my other modules was quite difficult to keep up with.

(Original post by frank070691)
    In semester 1 I'm doing Contemporary Science Fiction and in 2 it's Medieval French Lit
    I did this in the second semester and thought it was really good.

Lots of people allow for £10 a week on top of their rent for all bills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etudiant)
    I did Lit and Politics last year - liked it! Although, if I were you then I would definitely read the books before the start of year 2 as the course tends to go at a book every two weeks, which with my other modules was quite difficult to keep up with.

I did this in the second semester and thought it was really good.

Lots of people allow for £10 a week on top of their rent for all bills.
    thanks! i ordered the books and they arrived this morning so gonna get ahead with my reading!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.