Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Now, if you're anything like me, fellow potential Law students, you'll have sat and watched as every other subject has had a topic made for it wherein future Yorkers could frolick and get to know each other. In true, procrastinating style, I lazilly waited; hoping someone would make a Law one. However, this hasn't happened so I've used my initiative and decided, us Law students deserve to frolick just as much as the others.

So hi everybody! I'm Kris and I'm hoping to do Law at York Who else is there?

ReputationRep:
    I can feel the frustration too - there seem to be hundreds of history and PPE types on here, but hardly any of us law students... There are a few more on Ieuan's confirmer's thread but we need to get some more onto here.

I'm on a gap-year this year, so I'm definitely going to York this October - which is really exciting but also incredibly nerve wrecking...!

Good luck with your results! (not long to wait now :p:)

ReputationRep:
    LIAR!!!!!!!

I told you to make a thread last ngiht on MSN!!!!

I swear McGee, I shall slap you at work tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meercatman)
    I can feel the frustration too - there seem to be hundreds of history and PPE types on here, but hardly any of us law students... There are a few more on Ieuan's confirmer's thread but we need to get some more onto here.

I'm on a gap-year this year, so I'm definitely going to York this October - which is really exciting but also incredibly nerve wrecking...!

Good luck with your results! (not long to wait now :p:)
    The PPE seem to flow into the millions. Is there actually any other subjects at York? :P

And definitely. Given there's about 90 places for Law, but more will have been given a place (until the dreaded D-Day). Supposing only about 70% of them have the internet, it's likely that possibly only 10% are likely to have found the website* - I didn't know about here until someone else told me about it. However, only three have admitted to doing Law on Ieuan's thread. Two of them are us. Hmmm, where are these shy Law Students?

Thanks! I feel physically ill at the thought of the results but simutaneously excited. I'm sorely tempted to get up about 6am, check UCAS track and see if I can get my accommodation sorted before popping in to college to see my actual results.

Oh, and I always laugh at the picture in your signature. I keep meaning to rep you for it, and I always forget. So as soon as this is submitted, rep is coming your way

*=Statistics are entirely made-up and based on my thoughts alone. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kris_McGee)
    The PPE seem to flow into the millions. Is there actually any other subjects at York? :P

And definitely. Given there's about 90 places for Law, but more will have been given a place (until the dreaded D-Day). Supposing only about 70% of them have the internet, it's likely that possibly only 10% are likely to have found the website* - I didn't know about here until someone else told me about it. However, only three have admitted to doing Law on Ieuan's thread. Two of them are us. Hmmm, where are these shy Law Students?
    I like the fact that it's a small course, but the idea of setting up a facebook group and getting 4 or 5 members is a little depressing. :p:

Hopefully after D-day we'll get a few more edging out of the woodwork, but I guess we always have the consolation that the Head of the Law School has an account on here.

Thanks! I feel physically ill at the thought of the results but simutaneously excited. I'm sorely tempted to get up about 6am, check UCAS track and see if I can get my accommodation sorted before popping in to college to see my actual results.
    If you get up early you have more chance of getting into alcuin - so I'm all for you doing that...! :woo:

I was amazed that so few people checked last year at my sixth form, I would have thought that everyone would have been on there in the morning to make sure.

You seem like a clever chap anyway - I'm sure you'll do great.

Oh, and I always laugh at the picture in your signature. I keep meaning to rep you for it, and I always forget. So as soon as this is submitted, rep is coming your way
    Why thank you. Signature compliments are always graciously received. :thumbsup:

*=Statistics are entirely made-up and based on my thoughts alone. :p:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meercatman)
    I like the fact that it's a small course, but the idea of setting up a facebook group and getting 4 or 5 members is a little depressing. :p:
    The students who're already studying law at York are actually quite active on Facebook, and there's more than one York law group there. There're just not so many here on TSR.

Does anyone know the likelihood of them having places come results day?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.