The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

id be happy with 50k after tax. Im not very money orientated it doesnt really bother me. I want to have a big family when im older so a ood slary would help.
Reply 41
£50,000 upwards after tax i'm hoping. I doubt it will happen. I'll have to find a sugar daddy :cool:

Also, there's quite an interesting trend in the results so far.
Reply 42
Ideally I'd like about £40k - £50k
Reply 43
There is more to life than money, I would rather have £20k and be happy than £100k and be unhappy/unhealthy. Its a misconception that money buys happiness - look at people who have it and ask what it means to them. Russel Brand was the latest to come out and say hes no happier now with millions than he was playing small intimate gigs when he started performing.
Reply 44
If I could make 35k or more I'd be satisfied with that.
Reply 45
fran.ha
Ideally I'd like about £40k - £50k

How can that be ideal when 100 grand is an option? :cool:

Very hard to put a figure on for me but I'm certainly aiming for the top anyway...
I'd be pretty happy with something around the 40k mark.
Men are GREEDY

2.99% of females want 100,000 ...

meanwhile a STAGGERING 19.90% men want 100,000...

I guess that's the nature of things..... too bad it's not reality - I'd just be happy to do what i love doing the most as a job.
Reply 48
WoWZa
With a 50k salary it's like 600 GBP per wk.

50k after tax then....
im male and would be happy with £35,000 upwards

funny to see no males want less than £15,000 and more males want £100,000+ than females :p:
I'd want 27-35k, I could probably do fine with a bit less but since I want children then around the 32-35k mark would be nice. Just scraping into that higher tax band there =P Men are such greedy pigs.
very interesting poll

voted 100k+
TShadow383

So, as a test, what sort of salary would you be happy with 10 years after you graduate?

200K would be reasonable at a pinch but would prefer at least ten times that ie 2000K.
And I would still feel poor and badly done by on that income.
Some hedge fund people I know of make over 700 million pounds a year.
I'm not aiming at a career that will earn my lots of money so a £16-£18k start would be great for me! Right now, I'd be lucky with £13'000 it seems :frown: But I'm going back and will hopefully be starting on £21'000-ish if everything goes according to plan... which it most likely won't as I've hit a few hitches so far.
The average salary is £23,000. I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed...
Reply 55
Just Another Student
The average salary is £23,000. I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed...

yep, and falling thanks to the immigrants they defend and love so much:biggrin:
I voted for the "£27,000-£34,999" option. Considering I possibly may become a teacher, that's quite realistic (albeit a starting wage of £20,627 or whatever). Chose it because I plan to support a family (though wouldn't object if the future wife wanted to work :tongue:) and because a family can easily live off that amount. I'm not materialistic, either, so that may play a factor...

Yeah, I'll shut up now :P
La Esmerelda
I'd be happy with around £700k per year. Enough to live very comfortably and be able to afford holidays abroad and to pay my childrens university tuition fees without blinking!

wow, optimistic!
Reply 58
flugestuge
200K would be reasonable at a pinch but would prefer at least ten times that ie 2000K.
And I would still feel poor and badly done by on that income.
Some hedge fund people I know of make over 700 million pounds a year.

HAH good luck!

Expecting to make £2mil a year in your mid 30's is something which is just ludicrously unrealistic, and I don't give a **** what industry you're going into, your chances of making that much are roughly my chances of witnessing first-hand a lesbian kiss between beyonce and angelina jolie...
:coma:
TShadow383
Expecting to make £2mil a year in your mid 30's is something which is just ludicrously unrealistic

I admit that I may never make that much.
However, I do know several people who make a lot more than that.
It is a big ( and richly paid ) world out there...

Latest

Trending

Trending