Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It seems that the Union is starting to put up stuff about the events at this year's Freshers':
    http://www.cardiffstudents.com/
    Looks pretty good so far!

ReputationRep:
    I ended up going to Southampton over Cardiff, but have friends who went to Cardiff, and by the sounds of it they had way more to do in their Freshers Week there than I had here. That said, the University didn't try promoting the nightclubs in the city as it doesn't like the tag of being the "third heaviest-drinking university in the UK", behind Nottingham and Edinburgh. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, they're putting on a traffic light party. Remind me to stay away from the Union that night

But overall the events look really good, hope I make it to some of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Oh god, they're putting on a traffic light party. Remind me to stay away from the Union that night
    What's a traffic light party???

ReputationRep:
    cardiff students are going to be poor after all that fresher activity

ReputationRep:
    u wear green if ur in a single, orange if ur complicated and red if ur in a relationship basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurley001)
    u wear green if ur in a single, orange if ur complicated and red if ur in a relationship basically.
    Oh... thanks

Yeah, that sounds way too slutty :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soul_fingers222)
    What's a traffic light party???
    To put it another way...

Green = up for it
    Orange = maybe, maybe not
    Red = Don't even bother (I'm only here because my friends are)
    Multicolour = I reject the concept of a traffic light party and am trying to be amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I'm still undecided on my attendance at the traffic light party, but lots of the stuff looks good

ReputationRep:
    They look really good. Is anybody buyinng their tickets now or are you going to wait until results day...I feel a bit superstitious buying them early before the results come in. There should be enough anyway even if we do wait a bit shouldn't there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhoneyxx04)
    They look really good. Is anybody buyinng their tickets now or are you going to wait until results day...
    I'm unconditional but I'm going to wait and see if I find more flatmates/hallmates after results. Then see what they want to do :o:
    I'm happy to go along with mostly anything, as long as it doesn't end up being clubbing every night, I can't handle that!

Getting nearer now! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    ugh, traffic light party. noooo.

oh my GUH. simian mobile disco are doing a show. i have to go. do you think it would be safe to leave it to buy tickets until i get there? i already bought tickets to see white lies and they're going end up being delivered to my home address. but i have until december to get them.

ReputationRep:
    Chase n Status = sick

ReputationRep:
    the traffic light party sounds amazing

you brits really know how to party!

ReputationRep:
    what's it worth buying tickets for in advance then? the "hey ewe" party looks pretty sick, and the freshers ball as well? i'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    Is leaving it till we arrive leaving it too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siana17)
    Is leaving it till we arrive leaving it too late?
    Not really, last year most things were only sold out on the night, and I expect a few of them didn't sell out at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, how does this freshers week work? everybody gets smashed for a week and makes friends? By the way when is it supposed to start?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know from experience whether they are strict about ID for entrance and drinks at freshers week?? coz i don't have any photographic ID :confused:
    After freshers do you just use your NUS card??
    x

ReputationRep:
    You can use your NUS for Fresher's, can't you? Can't you get it almost as soon as you get to university?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.