Turn on thread page Beta

My girlfriend told her parents (they are pretty nosey) that she had sex with me for the first time the other day whilst they were away. Her dad went ballistic and now refuses to talk to her.

Her mum understands though and was expecting this to happen. (She is 17 (a week away from 18) and I'm 19, we have been dating nearly two years.)

To make matters worse I am going round her house tomorrow for her 18th birthday party and her parents are going to be there... I can't help but feel it's going to be a little awkward...

I mean... This could have been a hell of a lot worse. It's not like I'm some random guy on a one night stand, or as if we didn't use protection... We didn't do anything wrong did we?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Just go to the 'do' and continue to show yourself to be a thoughtful and caring boyfriend who is in a long term relationship with their daughter. They'll come to terms with it and as you say, its not like it was a casual fling.

ReputationRep:
    There's not a lot you can do.

Just go to the party and act like the normal, happy, loved up couple you are and show her parents how strong you are together IF they ask you about it, don't mention her age, the ''well, she's legal so it's okay and you can't object'' argument never goes down well. Just mention how long you've been together, that you're using protection and that you're in love.

ReputationRep:
    take her dad out for a meal and ask him if it is okay for you to ask his daughter to marry you. Then he will see your making an hnest women out of her

ReputationRep:
    you havent done anything wrong

its just parents, especially dads when it comes to their daughters, may find it difficult to find that their little girl is growing up

ReputationRep:
    man wtf is wrong with your gf, she's really fcked things up

(Original post by Yawn11)
    By being honest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Haha, I do agree with this actually. It's not like you'd run home and announce it to your parents.

''Mum, Dad, guess what I just did...!'' :no:

ReputationRep:
    Nooooo parent wants to even think about their daughter doing the dirty even after marraige.
    I dont eevn wwanna have a daughter.... man I'm pretty sure my mum still thinks i've virgin, i dont see why i should ruin such a thought with the truth ;o

And now her parents will always be paranoid about you two ever being alone together any time soon

ReputationRep:
    My god, I find it hilarious whenever someone says someone went ballistic, just makes me think of people firing rockets out of their faces

Anyway, don't worry too much about it I think. Two years is far enough along the line to make it perfectly fine, although this line is lengthened by parent's overprotectiveness.

Try to focus on the fact that her mother thinks its fine :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milner001)
    take her dad out for a meal and ask him if it is okay for you to ask his daughter to marry you. Then he will see your making an hnest women out of her
    :eyebrow: I don't think the OP quite wants to marry his girlfriend yet.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Haha, I do agree with this actually. It's not like you'd run home and announce it to your parents.

lol, I should have explained... Her mum did pressure it out of her... She didn't go out of her way to advertise it...

ReputationRep:
    She shoulda stuck to her guns

ReputationRep:
    well better than ur gf's mum finding condoms. dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    OP I don't think you are in the wrong but maybe the dad wanted his daughter to get to 18 before losing her virginity.

Although it is her choice, some parents frown upon these things. Just go to the party and act normal and later if anything comes up then have a chat with the four of you in the same room and try to work things out calmy.

Good luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

Lmao.

On a similiar theme, there was this girl at my college who made a sex video for her BF, her dancing naked and touching herslef, you know the type.

6 months later, she ran off with his best friend.

So he bluetoothed it to EVERYONE he met..

3 Months later, the girl went home and asked her parents to move to london..

Imagine how hard that would be..

"mummy...can i talk to you?...."

ReputationRep:
    I'd wink at the dad. It'll confuse him.

ReputationRep:
    Consensual sex between a couple who have been going out as long as you two have, is inevitable. The only wrong that you may have committed (well, not you; your girlfriend) was the cardinal sin of talking about it.

Now, it is obvious that daddy's little girl is going to have sex. That's life, and daddy knows it. But he sure as hell won't want to hear about it. It is a very natural reaction for a father to be protective (irrationally so, at times) of his daughter. Again, that's a given.

You did nothing wrong; your girlfriend's actions are hard to understand though. For future reference, there is the sum of **** all to be gained from letting parents know (yours, or your partners') that you have been porking their baby. Sure, it'll happen; but they don't want to know! It's an unwritten rule.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him. He's being ridiculous, and you have nothing to prove to him.

It isn't the 1950s any more, the father doesn't own the girl until she is married or anything. He's just being an immature irrational moron, and for that reason, you should NOT be expected to acknowledge his childish objections.

Enjoy your sex and your girlfriend and let the father stew away until he sees some sense and gains an appreciation for what year it is.

ReputationRep:
    Unless he's religious, I fail to see the problem. Is he?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.