Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get why she told them in the first place. Seems a bit weird.

Her dads just going to have to learn to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Walk into the party with condoms over your shoes, hands and one over your head. Her dad will be so confused (and frankly, in awe) that he'll forget you ever used one when you ploughed his little angel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lordzola)
    I'd wink at the dad. It'll confuse him.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    OP, DUDE when it comes to the gf's parents YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG, ALWAYS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeee)
    Unless he's religious, I fail to see the problem. Is he?
    If he is religious, then that makes his reaction no more rational than if he's not religious.

He cannot justify his childish fit by hiding behind the veil of religion, and the 'respect' it is supposed to get for no apparent reason.

Whether he's religious or not, he should be ignored, because he is being both ridiculous and irrational.

ReputationRep:
    I think it IS kind of your girlfriend's fault, I mean there are certain things you don't just announce!!

But I think the best thing is for you to go along to the party and act completely normally with her; be the loving, caring boyfriend that you always have been and let him see that you love her and you weren't just using her for sex.

I can see where the dad is coming from though, no father wants to think of his "little girl" growing up and haivng a boyfriend, let alone sleeping with said boyfriend. It's just difficult for him to adjust, I think.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I'm going to get myself a shotgun, a rocking chair and a banjo in about twelve years. No way some litle scrote is going to be 'do'in the dirty' with either of my gurls wit'out sum rocksalt in 'is ass...

ReputationRep:
    Give the dad some time, he'll come round. Especially if the mums on your side. If he's being really weird at the party you might have to take him outside and have a man-to-man. Say some heartfelt stuff about love and commitment in a respectful way and he wont really be able to argue with you.

(Original post by Phugoid)
    Ignore him. He's being ridiculous, and you have nothing to prove to him.

It isn't the 1950s any more, the father doesn't own the girl until she is married or anything. He's just being an immature irrational moron, and for that reason, you should NOT be expected to acknowledge his childish objections.

Enjoy your sex and your girlfriend and let the father stew away until he sees some sense and gains an appreciation for what year it is
    Making an enemy out of the dad won't accomplish anything. Despite having some quite old fashioned ideas he's obviously acting like this for completely innocent and altruistic reasons. In the real world diplomacy is often alot more sensible than rushing straight for the moral high horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milner001)
    take her dad out for a meal and ask him if it is okay for you to ask his daughter to marry you. Then he will see your making an hnest women out of her

I thought you were about to suggest that he seduces her dad :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i can see where the dad is coming from, coz i wouldnt no little ****** having sex with my daughter, not calling you a little ****** but i guess thats what he would see you as. I say just go and i bet they wont say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    I thought you were about to suggest that he seduces her dad :lolwut:
    no thats just wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeee)
    Unless he's religious, I fail to see the problem. Is he?
    Even if he's religious he shouldn't enforce his rules upon his daughter (I presume you're talking about sex outside of marriage?).

Anyway, he could just be protective. My dad jokes about how he won't let me out the house til I'm 25, and certainly he was a bit :shifty: when I brought my boyfriend home! Now after 8 months of him knowing he's more chilled, though he still doesn't want to see my get hurt. If you're in a sexual relationship you're obviously *pretty* close, so breaking up REALLY HURTS. It's just being a daddy

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him. He's being ridiculous, and you have nothing to prove to him.

It isn't the 1950s any more, the father doesn't own the girl until she is married or anything. He's just being an immature irrational moron, and for that reason, you should NOT be expected to acknowledge his childish objections.

Enjoy your sex and your girlfriend and let the father stew away until he sees some sense and gains an appreciation for what year it is.

I find that totally wrong, a fathers duty will never stop even when she is married, if i had a daughter i wouldnt want no boy violating my daughter. My advice would be just let it chill out abit and he will come to terms with it but by no means is he being immature or irrational.

Whether he's religious or not, he should be ignored, because he is being both ridiculous and irrational.
    I had to edit my post because ive found some more of your ********, he isnt being ridiculous at all, he is being a father and doing what fathers should do. My prediction is that if u have a daughter, by 14 she will be over a park getting fingered and acquiring multiple STI's with your lack of parenting

ReputationRep:
    Challenge him to an arm wrestle.

ReputationRep:
    You can't really do much. They sounds like pretty up tight protective parents :facepalm: how depressing. I think you should just turn up and act as charmingly as possible. If the father actively blanks or disrespects (brapbrap) you, then maybe you should talk to him and tell him how much you love his daughter. I know a guy who once did this and totally won the respect of the dad. Everything's fine now. Sometimes you've just got to do it the old fashioned way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend told her parents (they are pretty nosey) that she had sex with me for the first time the other day whilst they were away. Her dad went ballistic and now refuses to talk to her.

Her mum understands though and was expecting this to happen. (She is 17 (a week away from 18) and I'm 19, we have been dating nearly two years.)

To make matters worse I am going round her house tomorrow for her 18th birthday party and her parents are going to be there... I can't help but feel it's going to be a little awkward...

I mean... This could have been a hell of a lot worse. It's not like I'm some random guy on a one night stand, or as if we didn't use protection... We didn't do anything wrong did we?

Any advice would be much appreciated
    your gf is pretty stupid, why would she do such a thing, hahah good luck

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit silly of her dad really. Whatever you do, don't skip the party. You should show her dad that you're a decent guy and not someone who is just after a shag. He should know that after his daughter has been seeing you for 2 years but you know!

ReputationRep:
    OP theres nothing wrong, you waited till she was 18 after a TWO year relationship. It's fine, he'll get over it by next week dont worry. He won't mention anything to you, just act normal and relaxed

ReputationRep:
    lol the best advice i can give is to avoid the father
    don't use any of this young,liberal crap "we're adults in an adult relationship, consenting blah blah" that will go over most fathers heads
    you were in bed with his baby girl!
    avoid him! dont give him any confrontational glances, keep your chin on your chest and don't come off cocky.

ReputationRep:
    tbh her dad should have been expecting this for longer considering age and if youve been together for a while.

its not like it was when "our parents were young" and they should realise that really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.