Turn on thread page Beta

Girls asking boys out? watch

• View Poll Results: How should it work?
    Boys *mostly should* ask girls out
    43.85%
    Girls *mostly should* ask boys out
    14.62%
    It should be evenly split
    41.54%

ReputationRep:
    Some people think it's outrageous that girls should have to ask boys out. Yet others believe boys and girls are equal in terms of who asks who out. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I think boys should ask girls out.
    /old-fashioned view.

That and i'd be too chicken to ever ask a guy out!

ReputationRep:
    obv evenly split, as girls and boys want to be treated equally in society

If I was interested I would do the asking, but I'd be flattered if a girl plucked up the courage to ask me.

ReputationRep:
    I think girls need to be more confident, rather than wait for guys to come over them.

But then again I love shy girls

ReputationRep:
    Id never ask but not because of rules etc id just be too shy too and id mess it up me thinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)
    obv evenly split, as girls and boys want to be treated equally in society
    This is exactly my point. How can girls claim they want to be treated evenly if they want this as well!

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I expect them to ask me out, I'm just too shy to do it myself. That could be why I've never had a relationship -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bleurgh)
    It's not that I expect them to ask me out, I'm just too shy to do it myself. That could be why I've never had a relationship -.-
    Aww. Boys can say exactly the same thing though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesair99)
    Aww. Boys can say exactly the same thing though!
    Yeah I know. I guess one day maybe I'll pluck up the courage.

ReputationRep:
    I expect boys to do the initiating. Only 'cause I'm too shy and scared of rejection though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd like it. But I never get engaged enough to do it myself, let alone someone else doing it to me..

ReputationRep:
    even split

if you likre them and thy're free and single then ask them

ReputationRep:
    I usually have to do the asking as *most* girls would be traumatised if rejected, but some have asked me out in the past, and I was flattered to say the least.

As for the poll, evenly split obviously, there are no rules in this scenario unless you're a complete clown.

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be the female person's responsibility to ask the male out.

I would be very badly affectexd if I attempted to ask a female person out and they said no and also I would be traumatized for life were I to propse a marriage to a female person and they said no.

So in conclusion given that we live in a progressive Western society it should normally the female person who asks out the male.

That is all.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit over-idealistic to say that we have a completely gender neutral society when it comes to asking somebody out. I'm sure a lot of guys would feel strange after some time if they're going out with a girl who asked them out first, as that is generally seen as the guy's job - a bit demasculating. Though obviously nobody would complain straight away if they wanted to go out with that girl too, but most males have strange mentalities.

ReputationRep:
    If they're interested, they should make an obvious show of it instead od dropping subtle hints and waiting for the other to bite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xps.systems)
    I think it should be the female person's responsibility to ask the male out.

I would be very badly affectexd if I attempted to ask a female person out and they said no and also I would be traumatized for life were I to propse a marriage to a female person and they said no.

So in conclusion given that we live in a progressive Western society it should normally the female person who asks out the male.

That is all.

squish.
    Haha. "Will you marry me female? squish"

ReputationRep:
    Girls should ask guys out just as much. It's not right to put all the onus on the guy, we're just as afraid of rejection as girls, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    I think boys should ask girls out.
    /old-fashioned view.

That and i'd be too chicken to ever ask a guy out!
    This exactly!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.